TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you wanted to tune NA with a deck plate and catback to get a nice 14:1 Air fuel ratio for optimum power and better gas mileage. Or does the AFC only work at Full throttle? I read they only work in open loop mode, so when would it be working? when is the truck in open vs closed and why does it switch?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I do not know how much power you will get by leaning out full throttle, but the AFC will work for that. However, 14.0:1 AFR may prove to be to lean. You can test it on a dyno, but somewhere between 12.5.1 and 13.0:1 should be the leanest you will want to go at full throttle.

URD is doing some testing with retuning the fuel map at full throttle on normally aspirated vehicles. So far it all looks good. More when we are done testing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
any updates on this yet?

just curious to know if there was any forward movement on this project?

I do not know how much power you will get by leaning out full throttle, but the AFC will work for that. However, 14.0:1 AFR may prove to be to lean. You can test it on a dyno, but somewhere between 12.5.1 and 13.0:1 should be the leanest you will want to go at full throttle.

URD is doing some testing with retuning the fuel map at full throttle on normally aspirated vehicles. So far it all looks good. More when we are done testing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
good deal! im a little blind!

i didn't even notice the post date lol... i read the write up on the urd link
and it's what i'm looking for. i was going to go with apexi but i don't think i plan on going forced indution soon sssoooo... i have a laptop to use the software but i need to find a wideband o2 for the tuning part... do you happen to know the best bang for the buck when it comes to wideband o2 kits ??

ps: is a 99 tacoma o2's 0-1V or is it wideband?

·
Registered
48 Posts
that's a good set up - but - being full time student and working, the cash flow tends to be an issue , however : "you pay,... to play" . any less $ set ups that aren't half ass ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts