TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I'm looking to rebuild my SAW's within the next month or two. They need it REALLY BAD.

I have access to Nitrogen tanks (and even have a couple at work) and have some regulators at work. All I would really need is a hose that I can connect to the schrader valve...

My question is, unless I get some people that would be interested in paying me for the ammount of Nitrogen I use, and a little extra to help cover for the parts needed to make this complete, I'm just going to find someone to take it to.

Primarily in the NorCal Area, is there anyone that would be interested in taking thier SAW's to me instead of a shop?

I guess you could say this is a feeler thread. Just debating on whether or not I should invest in a small setup to help myself out a bit, and help out some TTORA members. Kinda be like a NorCal Nitrogen Shock Recharging Station :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I bought my own system when I had my long travel sand rail. They hit me up for $20 per shock to recharge those King CO's. If you already have the reg, then the schrader valve is fairly cheap compared to paying someone else IMHO. You can get a 20 lb bottle of nitrogen cheap, you don't need the 100 pounder. A 20 lb bottle will go a long way. Sounds like a good idea and you get to help your buddies out at the same time. I'm in SoCal, so anyone who needs a recharge can get a hold of me, I still have all the gear. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread...my bad. :) Good luck

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shop would be located in Hayward, about 45 mins or so from you.

This may actually end up looking good. I may end up doin it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Its possible that I would need it, but Fox is about 5 min from my house and they have filled them for me before.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mojave, any recomendations on where I can get a Schrader valve that can hook up to a regulator?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,439 Posts
I just use the chuck from my regular air hose. Seems to work fine for my purposes. My nitrogen set-up is exactly the same as my CO2, so I can just swap the hose and fill with nitrogen.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, a air compressor hose would work jsut fine, as long as the limit is above 200 psi?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
NorcalPR said:
Mojave, any recomendations on where I can get a Schrader valve that can hook up to a regulator?
I got my set up from Kartek offroad in Anaheim Ca a few years ago. They ordered it for me. I know that most of the long travel buggy builders have them for sale also. I don't know about using an air chuck to fill the shock. I'm sure you could make it work, but you might want to ask around. My buddy used to fill his Marvin Shaw shocks that way, but he advised against it and wouldn't honor the warranty if you filled them that way. Typically, you attach the schrader valve to the shock, set the regulator lower than the max fill pressure, then creep up to the intended fill pressure. Once this is set, you will only have to do minor adjustments for future fills or different shocks. Theres definitely more than one way to skin a cat. :) Hope this info helps you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts