TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of some places from the Springs up to Denver that have/make sliders? I'm trying to find places that actually would have some in stock for a 98 Tacoma that I could hold up to the truck if I wanted.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
there are lots of people on here that make their own sliders. I made mine, but have yet to put them on. here is a pic of the ones I made, and I used really thick gas line i got for free from the scrap pile at work.

*edit* and as you can see in one pic, I made these with a harbor freight tube bender!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
If your in the Springs you could talk to Jed at Armorology to make you some, he does all custom work, but would let you pretty much make it the way you want, although it wont be that cheap.

·
7,735 Posts
isn't slee down that way? I think there's are made of gold and go for 600+ or something like that. I got to admit, they are really nice sliders, the mounts are very interesting. Personally, I don't think they are 600+ nice, but hey, it's not my money

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
isn't slee down that way? I think there's are made of gold and go for 600+ or something like that. I got to admit, they are really nice sliders, the mounts are very interesting. Personally, I don't think they are 600+ nice, but hey, it's not my money
Slee is in Golden off of Highway 93. Armorology is probably the closest.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Slee sliders are very nice, and are already powdercoated. Personally, I would not spend that much, but my old roomate bought a set for his 100 series landcruiser. Not too many people make bolt on sliders for cruisers, plus they are local so it was easier. They use u-bolts around the frame to bolt on. We still tack welded them on though.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Making them is very easy and fun. You need the steel, a welder, grinder and a cutoff blade. You can use square or rectangular steel very easily. I can make them in a couple hours.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Making them is very easy and fun. You need the steel, a welder, grinder and a cutoff blade. You can use square or rectangular steel very easily. I can make them in a couple hours.

Yeah we had a friend of ours make our last ones in the Springs. We are trying to find him to make us some more because the last ones he made were awesome. His name is Frank Ralston if anyone knows where hes at.

My dad wants to make some but I want to get them on before school starts and we're unsure if we'll get time to.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
August 20th. You've got plenty of time... Mine have to be done by next weekend...but I'm not worried.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I live in the springs and have welder and metal tools.

If you want to make some i dont mind helping out. Hell, i might have almost enough steel for some, but i would have to go through the stock we have left. if not you can get decent rates at Glasser, i can get some for a really good rate out of denver, but that takes time to get together and then i need a truck and trailer to go pick up the 20' lengths, so local would be faster, to get them done by school.

Let me know

·
Registered
138 Posts
If we can get a group buy for the steel down in the springs can we get a cheaper rate or do you have to buy a lot of steel to get the real deals on it.

I have a welder, chop saw, grinders, and other to help out and build some. I do not have a bender though.
I think it would be cool to have a few of us chip in and get a good deal on sliders and also meet some people down here. I would be willing to help and build some.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
good point, i dont have a bender yet either. I have a HF pipe kinker, but....

The only place i can get a deal on steel is from a guy in Denver that nows my uncle and has a steel fabrication shop. I can get the steel for his cost, but its a failry large ordeal to go through to get it.

We can speak with glasser, perkys Or pikes peak to see if they will work us a deal on steel. My guess is that we would need to buy a LOT of steel in order to get a discount of any kind.

Other than something like that I have found glasser great to work with and they have very comparable rates, at least last time i checked. I just go to glasser any more now days cause they treat me right.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
What about Dencol off I70 in Denver? I think they have pretty decent prices, and may give discounts on larger purchases.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Other than something like that I have found glasser great to work with and they have very comparable rates, at least last time i checked. I just go to glasser any more now days cause they treat me right.
Ditto and I have never felt like I have overpaid. Usually they will cut down the longer lengths for me for a very minimal or no charge at all.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Where-ever we can get the steel from. Would it be cost effective to do it? Trail Gear's sliders are $99.00 plus the mounting is around $150, then add in shipping you are at about $210 or around there. Maybe cheaper, anyway how much steel will each truck need?

I would love to build my own anyway so even if it is close to the cost I think it would be cooler to build my own.

Do we need a 20'er per truck and then extra for mounting?
Maybe just have everyone responsible for getting their own steel. This way those who have steel or friends are not feeling that everyone is counting on them.
What about the design? This is what killed this idea in my last club. The fact that everyone wants different stuff. I think if they bring their own steel and their own plans and we just have the tools and people there that know how to use them, or a basic idea anyway then we could build almost any design.
The bender is always the problem. Will the Harbor Freight one bend tube or is it pipe only?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts