TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here

I love the way it looks. Like he has 35s stretched on to the wheels like a low profile tire on a wide wheel you would see on a honda or something.

Could this combo fit on something with 6" of lift? Or would I have to step down to 33's?

·
Registered
135 Posts
ddriggers2 said:
Here

Like he has 35s stretched on to the wheels like a low profile tire on a wide wheel you would see on a honda or something.
It's because he has VERY wide wheels (18.5") with tires that are not made to fit those wheels effectively. They are probably 14.50" wide tires, so the sidewall is flexing out to seat on the wheel lip. This combination will NOT be able to be aired down for off-roading because the bead will become un-seated in a heartbeat.
As for, if you could run this combo, I highly doubt this exact combo would fit your rig, but you could do the same thing on a smaller scale if you really wanted to (but I wouldnt recomend it). You could run a 33x10.50R15 on a 15x13.50 wheel, or something similar to get that look. But again, this is not safe, you can break a bead very easily, ruin the wheel lip on a rock easily, and you WILL be stressing the sidewalls to an unsafe point.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stevet47 said:
It's because he has VERY wide wheels (18.5") with tires that are not made to fit those wheels effectively. They are probably 14.50" wide tires, so the sidewall is flexing out to seat on the wheel lip. This combination will NOT be able to be aired down for off-roading because the bead will become un-seated in a heartbeat.
As for, if you could run this combo, I highly doubt this exact combo would fit your rig, but you could do the same thing on a smaller scale if you really wanted to (but I wouldnt recomend it). You could run a 33x10.50R15 on a 15x13.50 wheel, or something similar to get that look. But again, this is not safe, you can break a bead very easily, ruin the wheel lip on a rock easily, and you WILL be stressing the sidewalls to an unsafe point.
but it looks so cool tho :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts