TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to cut and box my bodymounts on my FJ....Closest shop that I found that I can trust is in Tampa...I'd rather do it myself, but I don't have a welder and don't weld...I've printed out the way I want it done off another forum (it's a member write-up)...It's very straight forward...If anyone thinks they can help me out, let me know or PM me...I can provide lots, and lots of booze for whomever helps...Can also provide lots of ladies (just have to find my bike pump, hahaha)....Thanx... :welder:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Just look for a good welding shop locally, there has to be someone down there that can do a good job. Who/what shop is in Tampa that you would go to. Post on like FJOA and see if anyone there can recommend a shop down south, they have a number of members down that way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is, if they don't normally do welding on vehicles I want to watch them to make sure I don't hear opps...I don't think they'll like me looking over their shoulders...I've rode with a few FJ members down here that had their bodymounts chopped and boxed...The job was mediocre at best and am def. not going to be going to that shop..I got way too much invested in this thing to have someone do a hack job on it...Anyone want to ship me a welder with a video?? haha

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xx1joe1xx said:
i have every thing you would need welder torch saws all that you can come here to use it i live in lady lake
I've never even heard of lady lake...Is that in the Lake Worth area?? Any areas up there to wheel, or just Corbett?? Let me know if you have any free Sat. or Sun. coming up towards the end of March...Thanx..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Or Dom if you really want to do it yourself, bring it to my house and we'll do it, I'm in Coconut Creek. I have an arc welder and I'm good enough with it to weld on thick stuff like frames. I don't necessarily do beautiful welds, but I can make it hold. I welded the FROR front frame brace on my truck and did a pretty damn good job in my opinion. Call me 954-410-6015

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not doing it right away...The sooner the better, but no hurry...I really won't have any free weekends until the end of March at the earliest...My lil' bro is getting married in 2 wks. so I've been busy with that and family in town...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts