TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dont waste your money. Get a CAI and MAF Calibrator. The pipe that is squeezed to get under the cross member is NOT THAT RESTRICTIVE. Its the same diameter just goes through an oval shape and it is NOT restrictive. Take a plastic cup and squeeze it into an oval, its the same cup just put into a different shape. Same thing with piping. The MAF Calibrator is the way to go along with the CAI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dont waste your money. Get a CAI and MAF Calibrator. The pipe that is squeezed to get under the cross member is NOT THAT RESTRICTIVE. Its the same diameter just goes through an oval shape and it is NOT restrictive. Take a plastic cup and squeeze it into an oval, its the same cup just put into a different shape. Same thing with piping. The MAF Calibrator is the way to go along with the CAI.
Thats not entirely accurate... If you take a plastic cup filled with water, and squeeze it into an oval water will spill out. It has less volume. If you take that same cup, and squeeze it to the point where the sides touch, its the same cup right? Are you gonna say thats not restrictive?

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah that's true, but it also tucks it up out of the way so it won't get mangled on rocks, and it deletes the second set of cats. I'm sure those are restrictive.
Are they cats or resonators? I have heard them called both. Its to my understanding that there is no 2nd set of cats on these trucks. Thats why the O2 sensor is aft the cat. Can anyone verify this.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Thats not entirely accurate... If you take a plastic cup filled with water, and squeeze it into an oval water will spill out. It has less volume. If you take that same cup, and squeeze it to the point where the sides touch, its the same cup right? Are you gonna say thats not restrictive?
Yea, there's a reason pipe is round and not oval... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
As posted on URD - these aren't street legal

"The URD Competition Y Pipe was designed for off road competition and racing events. For that reason it does eliminate the rear catalytic converters for maximum performance. The URD Competition Y Pipe is not for on road use and is absolutely not emissions legal anywhere on public roads and it likley never will be."

·
Registered
583 Posts
Are they cats or resonators? I have heard them called both. Its to my understanding that there is no 2nd set of cats on these trucks. Thats why the O2 sensor is aft the cat. Can anyone verify this.
They are not resonators. They are cats, even though there is no 2nd O2 sensor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts