TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a 2in BL on my truck and need to raise the front allpro bumper to fit clean again. The back bumper was a 30min fab job, but the front is a little different, I have to make it work in the stock location and I have a winch so it has to be completely sound in structure. Any ideas are appreciated. Here is a pic where the frame mounts are pretty visible.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I did one for TacoDell. If you search All Pro bumper mods, you'll find the thread with pics.

·
Registered
925 Posts
please post a pic of the back bumper fab. i just got one and have a 1.5" bodylift.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
rojodiablo said:
I did one for TacoDell. If you search All Pro bumper mods, you'll find the thread with pics.
Paul that was just raising the main hoop... I think he wants to raise the whole bumper ?

A pic of Paul's fine work just the same... ;)
Mine with the 1"BL

Go Here for all the pics

bagal...

Raising the AP bumper is not going to be worth the cost and effort... Plus it would just make it weaker changing the leverage point...

If you want to bring it up to the new level... Maybe weld a second horizontal tube above the main tube and it will look like it is more inline with the body...

That or just do a filler plate on the upper side of the bumper and call it good (that's how I'm gonna deal with it) ...

To mod this bumper you would need to lower the primary front mounting plates... Lower the winch platform... and more... and by the time you got done... You could have just built a whole new custom bumper for less money and time spent...

If you can't live with it and do a little fill in work to hide the gap...

Then I'd suggest selling it and doing something else...

But hey... if you got the skills and the time... go for it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts