TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So somebody stole one of my shackles and I've decided that I'm just going to buy another pair. Called 4WP and they want $39 for ONE 3/4 shackle! :confused: Guess it's made by ARB so they are made of titanium and plated with 24k gold or something. So I shopped around and wasn't able to find a better deal than this one on eBay (Link to auction). This guy is selling them for $9.95/each. Shipping is $6.95 for the first one and $1 for each additional. So since it's so cheap for additional items I thought I'd ask if anyone wanted any before I placed the order. I'll split the total shipping.

Cost (including shipping):

We buy 2 shackles = $27.85/pair
We buy 6 shackles = $23.88/pair
We buy 12 shackles = $22.89/pair

Let me know if you want any. You don't have to buy them in pairs, I just used pairs as thats how most people buy them. I'm planning on placing the order Friday afternoon. If you aren't located locally, it's probably better if you buy them directly from the guy. The whole point of me posting this is to pass on shipping savings. You'd end up paying the same or more if you had me ship them.

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the links, guys. I did some more research and you are probably right, Anthony. Guess I wasn't clear when I called them.

One thing that I noticed about the ARB and the Crosby shackles is that they only have a 4.75 ton (aprox. 9,500 lbs) working load limit while these Trail Duty ones are rated at a 7 ton (aprox. 14,000 lbs) working load limit. This concerns me if I use the shackle with my snatch block which would possibly put the load over 9,000 lbs.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Harold just let me know i can get 3/4", 7/8" & 1" shackles all the time Hell i think i still have about 10 3/4" shackles at the apartment

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Dude, just get some from Northern Industrial. That's what I'm running and they're beef. They are like 10 bux each and have a lot more metal than the warn shackles do

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the offer, Manny. I'll let you know.
swank501 said:
Dude, just get some from Northern Industrial. That's what I'm running and they're beef. They are like 10 bux each and have a lot more metal than the warn shackles do
Sweet! I just checked them out: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200315693_200315693
Type: Screw
Pin Size: 7/8in. x 3in.
Diameter: 3/4in.
Working Load: 13000 Lbs.
Usable length: 3in.
13,000 lbs WLL - looks like we found a winner!

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
Interex said:
Thanks for all the links, guys. I did some more research and you are probably right, Anthony. Guess I wasn't clear when I called them.

One thing that I noticed about the ARB and the Crosby shackles is that they only have a 4.75 ton (aprox. 9,500 lbs) working load limit while these Trail Duty ones are rated at a 7 ton (aprox. 14,000 lbs) working load limit. This concerns me if I use the shackle with my snatch block which would possibly put the load over 9,000 lbs.
Crosby is basically the gold standard in rigging application-
6:1 failure rating : work load rating

Wonder if those Trail Duty shackles are made in China

·
Registered
4,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
if the northern ones are like the ones from tractor supply (pretty much look the same) they say 3/4 but i believe the pin is actually 7/8... so it may not fit in your bumper.

steve

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I'm with Pink and GMP.....Crosby tops el'chino hands down, regardless of what their "rated" capacity is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Murderman
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing