TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to discuss any possible needs for a W.A.T at the meeting on Thursday, but I thought I wouid go ahead and ask to jump start this section and have it in the back of everyone's mind.

so what type of maintence or modifications does anyone have in store?
I for one have some nagging electrical stuff I need to sort out as well as some other minor issues.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
yeah........I need to install my new rear axle if the god dam shipping company would actually deliver it instead of making up lame ass excuses why they can't

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, okay! "step away from the knife, we can talk about this"

Let me guess they are saying that it is an oversized package and weighs too much for a single driver correct?

Just go to the depot and pick it up yourself, save the hassle and be done with it.

Are you going to need help installing? I would imagine you have that taken care of by yourself don't you?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
well to start with Shannon was gonna get it shipped close to my house and then I was gonna go get it........well Shannon had trouble getting the people to pick it up from him........then I get a call saying it is in Toledo, which is like over 100 miles away and I need to go get it.......but after talking to the lady she decides they can deliver it to a comercial address up here for no charge......cool send it to my buddy's shop......at 3.30$ a gallon for gas I am not driving 200+ miles if I don't need to........well they were gonna bring it wendsday but couldn't.....made up some bullshit and didn't, then thurs......same deal then again today.....now it is gonna be tues :mad:

and yeah.......I can put it in myself if the bastards will just give it to me.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what type of vehicles does the delivery company use? Toyotas? :D

ahwwww the joys of "mail order" Sorry dude! if I could help with it I would (shipping)

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
yeah........I need to install my new rear axle if the god dam shipping company would actually deliver it instead of making up lame ass excuses why they can't
what is it...a toy 8"? anything larger than a D60 and i could understand but other than that....id say they're lazy.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what is it...a toy 8"? anything larger than a D60 and i could understand but other than that....id say they're lazy.
X2!

ask Mamma Bear some time about our fun unloading my 14 bolt a couple of weekends ago!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
that is the thing it is small........all I know is if I end up having to go get the dam thing my boot will be going up some one's ass.:)

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am sure you are handling it well, but sometimes if the shipper calls and complains that the "customer" is complaining shipping company's begin to move.

I am not saying to call Shannon, but Champion Toyota is a bigger name thans say "Todd…"

somthan to consider.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
i am gonna give them one more shot then I am gonna try that.......I am not upset with Shannon.........he has been more than helpful getting all the wireing ect to make this thing work figured out..... SouthWest Motor freight on the other hand sucks

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know you are not upset with Shannon, but what I am saying is this.

when I ran my business I used a lab in Cali for my processing. If I had an order delayed or lost. We got better results when the lab called the shipping co. more than when the end customer/reciever called and complained.

Only justifaction I could come up with, was the lab in the eyes of the shipping company had the potiential of sending more business to the shipping company than the reciever.

Basically it is like who is going to be more important to me as a business? a Company with a big name such as "toyota" or joe blow off the street that might send me his business every once in a while.

As my mom used to always tell me, it is not always what you know, but who you know!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Oh they know me pretty well.........I am no longer Todd.....I am Mr.Segar

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whenever we have a WAT, i wanna be there so when i do my first CV change, im not on my own
Man it has been a while since I did a CV change! I am a bit rusty.

Never had to do a CV on my truck while it was IFS. I was always watching what the front was doing and never over taxed it. I let all my friends treat their CV's as tooth picks and helped pick up the pieces afterwards:D

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
cv's are so easy if you have ADD.......if you have lock outs not so much.........between the fact that the add cv's are stronger and they are easier to change I see no reason to swap to lockouts......I have had to change two cv's due to old age and mialage killing the boots

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
i need to get my spark plugs ,motor oil,oil in front and rear diffs changed,budbuilt skid and my e-locker guard mounted/bolted on oh and tranny fluid checked

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well this was in the spirit of trying to get a wrench a thon together! I need some minor stuff as well,

Since we did speak about WAT last night, so if you want to come "by" for a WAT you are more than welcome:D

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cv's would be good to know how to change
you have A.D.D correct? basically if you can remove wheel bearings and such, you can replace the CV's you would be surprized how little is actually holding them in place.:D

But as I said before, it is has been a long time since I had to remove any. I think I might want someone else looking over my shoulder as well!

Do you have CV issues currently?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts