TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4,068 Posts
My KM2's are 37X12.5X17's. Tough to find 16's that fit over my front calipers, and as mentioned alread 16's are a dying breed amongst tire manufacturers.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm running 17s, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17.

·
4,068 Posts
why isn't it? and what is recommended?
I dunno. They recommend 10.5" or wider i think. Probably has something to due with the street performance of the tire. It would have to be more "stable" in a hard cornering situation since the sidewalls are further apart and closer to be vertical rather than \ /. The latter may cause th ebead to "roll" and unseat.

Anyway if you're corning at high speeds on a tire that large you're an idot anyway IMHO.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Exactly what NwiTaco said....that's not a great combo. When I ran Creepies before selling them I needed a wider wheel. The very stiff load E sidewall made the tread surface of the tire very rounded, but the good side was I could run 8psi without a beadlock and the tire flexed ok. If I'd had a wider wheel the tread surface woulda been a little flatter probably.

NwiTaco- Eric has talked about wheeling south of St Louis on Oct 27th with a group. You should try coming up....very beautiful park!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts