TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had painted their whole taco grill the same colour as the body? I am thinking of doing mine but I would like to see some pics first. BTW if you have a black truck, it's not gonna help. :)

Thanks
stephen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
I painted my chrome grill with rattle can semi flat black. The truck is white, I just scuffed the grill with a 3m pad and sprayed it. After a few Interstate trips it needs to be touched up, but it holds pretty well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
mel22b said:
Just wondering if anyone had painted their whole taco grill the same colour as the body? I am thinking of doing mine but I would like to see some pics first. BTW if you have a black truck, it's not gonna help. :)

Thanks
stephen
Somethin like this?...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/belkster2000/detail?.dir=42ba&.dnm=82f8.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/belkster2000/detail?.dir=d0f4&.dnm=ef8f.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/belkster2000/detail?.dir=2482&.dnm=9267.jpg&.src=ph

not the same color of the body but something along those lines
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Jesters_taco said:
That looks tight. Do you have any more pics? Can you send them my way.
Jesters_playground AT Hotmail.com
There are more but they're all in my yahoo photos which I've already linked to. If you want them emailed to you i can if you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,078 Posts
Jesters_taco said:
That looks tight. Do you have any more pics? Can you send them my way.
Jesters_playground AT Hotmail.com
that looks sweet...i want to do that to my rig, but i go with powerder coating. lot of interstate driving (100 miles a day)
 

·
Ban Count: 12
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
themariachi said:
that looks sweet...i want to do that to my rig, but i go with powerder coating. lot of interstate driving (100 miles a day)
I used to do 80 miles a day. Save your money, rattle can is all you need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Oppositeboy said:
I used to do 80 miles a day. Save your money, rattle can is all you need.
I used spray can primer, then Napa auto paint w/hardener, and it lasted great for about 5 months but now there's a bunch of chips in it. Alot of those tho were from prerunning in mexico and high speed dirt driving. I'm planning on powdercoating it eventually, along with my bumpers.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top