TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm planning to weld up my front hanger sometime soon. Overall goal of my SAS is to keep it relatively low. Anyone notch the frame to incorporate the hanger? I know this is feasible on older toys, just curious if anyone did it on a Taco Frame.

Any pros/cons?

See example pics below:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I talked to Brian at FROR briefly about moving up the spring hanger higher up...he said this was a bad idea due to the fact that you want to keep your springs fairly flat i.e. spring hangers and shackle hangers at same height. This is hard to do with the tacos do to mounting the shackle hanger under the frame. I am not sure of any adverse effects of doing it this way other than your tire will stuff back towards your firewall a bit more

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Pro's: Would be a inch or two lower

Cons: Tire will travel back towards the firewall more on uptravel
Springs will be angled since the shackle points are lower, which increases the spring rate
Springs would contact pitman unless you run a flat pitman arm, or notch frame...

I think to be efective, you'd have to french the rear shackles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, if I hadn't moved the shackle tube up into the frame the front would be way higher than the rear. It does require additional frame / pitman arm work in order to have any up travel at all.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Yeah, if I hadn't moved the shackle tube up into the frame the front would be way higher than the rear. It does require additional frame / pitman arm work in order to have any up travel at all.
Quoted to bring the point home....

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My hanger is recessed with the shackle under the frame, and I have a standard pitman with no interference. This pic is at full stuff, I have bump stops installed now.

My springs are almost ready to go negative. Raising the shackle mount would give me a little more uptravel, but I could have interference. I do have a flat pitman arm ready to go if I feel like dicking with it one day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts