TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TRD/Alpine Supercharger (for the 2rz/3rz) nose drive started making noise. It sounds like a power steering pump run low on fluid. I guess I'm hoping it is just the nose drive, as I can't be certain which part of the supercharger is making the noise!

There is lots of info on rebuilding the 5vz TRD/Magnusson blower, but I can't find a single mention of anyone rebuilding a TRD/Alpine blower. Has anyone done this? Where can I find the bearings and seals? Alpine says, send the whole supercharger to them for repair!

Blower only has ~30k miles on it, do hopefully I can perform a rebuild that will last longer!

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
My TRD/Alpine Supercharger (for the 2rz/3rz) nose drive started making noise. It sounds like a power steering pump run low on fluid. I guess I'm hoping it is just the nose drive, as I can't be certain which part of the supercharger is making the noise!

There is lots of info on rebuilding the 5vz TRD/Magnusson blower, but I can't find a single mention of anyone rebuilding a TRD/Alpine blower. Has anyone done this? Where can I find the bearings and seals? Alpine says, send the whole supercharger to them for repair!

Blower only has ~30k miles on it, do hopefully I can perform a rebuild that will last longer!
When was the last time the oil was changed in the blower?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When was the last time the oil was changed in the blower?
I changed it out at 15k miles, so 15k miles ago.

Maybe the belt was too tight? It was set to Toyota specifications though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts