TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got problem.... Apparently this years "Saltapolooza" (read: winter) has decided to eat through all of my power steering lines on my 96. Anyone else had to change all these and or how much of a mess am I about to get my self into? Im pretty sure that these aregoing to be a dealer only thing. That Im less concerned with. Im more concerned with the fact that PS is the one system that I have never really fooled around with. Any Ideas? :(

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
The lines actually cost more than the pump! If they are corroded you could potentially be in for some pain on the connections. When I swapped my rack, one of the connections was seized so tight that when it did eventually come loose, it did so by splitting open the boss on the rack. The high pressure connection to the pump has also given me leak problems a couple of times, even with new washers. I did not change out the lines myself, but other than that it looks not too bad. Hope you have good luck with your connections.

·
Registered
231 Posts
just take your high pressure one off take it somewhere and get one made $20
and your low pressure return line is like 10 bucks at the most. These are the ones goin from the rack to the pump. :cool:
THE DEALER SUKS JUST SPENT $65 their yesterday, Never came out of there with a smile thats for sure :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok then.. time to make a mess in the driveway

guess I'll go to the local stealership, They just got bought by another dealer, hopefully the parts people are still the same. They have been okish to me in the past. And I'll start spraying the grap out of everything with PB blaster

Rich

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
find a radiator shop, they can usually get you HP hydraulic lines custom made

·
Registered
39 Posts
ya when i went to the dealer to get mine done. The one line was like 430 dollars and the other was 400 dollars i couldn't believe those prices. It was a joke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts