TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
i did it for a couple days with ome 880 coils up front, it looked fully retarded and drove like a go cart

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
your point? it would look even stupider on the runner.
I thought my point was clear enough, I'll try to paint a better picture for the slow kids.

The poster above stated that he tried the size in question with 880's, on a tacoma that would be about 3/4" lift. That combination would not only look stupid but be useless on and offroad. The op however has a 1990 solid axle 4runner with 5" lift leafs, a very different look and function. Currently with 3.5"bs it rubs on the rear frame rail when stuffed and the fronts when turned rub the leaf springs. I believe the op is trying to widen the track a little (looks kind of narrow) and fix some of the rubbing.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Lew, I think you'll find that it's pretty common with sas builds and not stupid looking. Look through some of the sas build threads. Nomayota mentions that size rim and probably has pics in his build threads.

·
Registered
193 Posts
didnt realize you were in a runner seeing as this is a tacoma website. I have ran 2.5" bs rims on all my solid axle rigs ive built (mine and other peoples) and love them. stock toyota front housings are just too narrow for 35" and larger tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts