TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at running some 295/70/17 grapplers on some 17x9 wheels with a 4.5 BS. I'm wanting to run the tires on my 07 dbl cab with the 3 inch toytec lift and was wondering if im going to run into any issues such as rubbing or needing to do any excessive trimming. I know I should go with a smaller tire but I'm able to get a great deal on these tires and I'v always had a problem with trying to stuff as much tire as I can with minimal lift.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
kalino_01 said:
I'm looking at running some 295/70/17 grapplers on some 17x9 wheels with a 4.5 BS. I'm wanting to run the tires on my 07 dbl cab with the 3 inch toytec lift and was wondering if im going to run into any issues such as rubbing or needing to do any excessive trimming. I know I should go with a smaller tire but I'm able to get a great deal on these tires and I'v always had a problem with trying to stuff as much tire as I can with minimal lift.
I have a set sitting in my garage that will be going on my 2005 d-cab if I can't sell them. You will most likely need aftermarket UCA's but you may avoid that with running 4.5bs. Where are you located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm located in Austin Texas. Why are you selling yours?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
kalino_01 said:
I'm located in Austin Texas. Why are you selling yours?
Because at some point in my life I started thinking logically...it really sucks avoid it at all costs. Honestly, I drive about 30,000+ street miles a year and spend very little time offroad and that big of a tire will cause a lot of street compromises for me. And, I just got an 86 4runner that makes much more sense to throw money at if I want an off-road toy. That being said I should have all of the parts to install them this weekend and I may give it a try and see how bad the gas mileage tanks, if I don't like them I can always take them off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel your pain....I to have an offroad machine that it built strictly for wheeling but I can't seem to fight the urge to leave a perfectly good truck stock. LOL! Please let me know how those tires work out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
kalino_01
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing