TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I know of one Jeeper back in Alaska running the 36s, and he says they do well offroad and are better onroad than any the bias Swampers, but that's what everyone says.

I think David, aka Cornbred, has a set on his wife's daily-driven Tacoma, though they may be bias-plied.

I have a set of the bias 36s sitting in my garage in AK, but I won't have a use for them for quite a while, so I can't say that I have experience driving with them.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
AK98Taco said:
I know of one Jeeper back in Alaska running the 36s, and he says they do well offroad and are better onroad than any the bias Swampers, but that's what everyone says.

I think David, aka Cornbred, has a set on his wife's daily-driven Tacoma, though they may be bias-plied.

I have a set of the bias 36s sitting in my garage in AK, but I won't have a use for them for quite a while, so I can't say that I have experience driving with them.
Daves wife has them on her truck and she said that the only complaint is that they wear faster then other swampers.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
ptrautne said:
Daves wife has them on her truck and she said that the only complaint is that they wear faster then other swampers.
Are they the bias carcasses or radials?

I know one problem causing wear is the ballooning of the tread, which is reduced with wider wheels (10") and running lower pressure, like around 25PSI (on fairly light Jeeps).

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
AK98Taco said:
Are they the bias carcasses or radials?

I know one problem causing wear is the ballooning of the tread, which is reduced with wider wheels (10") and running lower pressure, like around 25PSI (on fairly light Jeeps).
bias tires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts