TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering because when i get new tires i want to get a 33x10.5 15 but the only tire i can get with some offroad traction is a set of KM2s and i dont know if i really want to do that. and im not going up to a 16 rim so 285 75 is not an option.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
LOL, nobody with a brain :p
they have to be one of THE worst tires ever made.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess that takes care of any reviews i would have read.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I'll have to dig out that old vid from Rubicon '04 and KaptKirk trying to get up gatekeeper :p

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
just to expand out on this one for forum search results. I believe the consensus is the rubber compound is not sticky enough to make up for the tread pattern that is not useful for anything offroad.
eh-yup ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
never seen a positive post on them ecept the mall crowd sayin "they look cool bra"......and they suck on the street too...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm sorta lost with the first post. Is he wanting to know about thornbirds comparing to km2's or what? Granted ai haven't bought tires for a 15" rim in over 10 years but I'd think there was others out there. Look at the maxxis bighorns. I've got them in the 255/85/16 so the 33-10.50 on a 16" rim and am really happy with them. They wear geat and offer great traction.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sorta lost with the first post. Is he wanting to know about thornbirds comparing to km2's or what? Granted ai haven't bought tires for a 15" rim in over 10 years but I'd think there was others out there. Look at the maxxis bighorns. I've got them in the 255/85/16 so the 33-10.50 on a 16" rim and am really happy with them. They wear geat and offer great traction.
i was just wanting to know if they were any good. but the only tires that come in 33 1050 15 are TSLs and BFGs i think ill be going up to a 16 when the time is right

·
Registered
516 Posts
I haven't personally run them on any of my rigs, but I know others who have and they said the same as all of the others above. No bueno. Unless you massage them with a hot knife. But that kills the DOT approval.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
^ haha "You could probably air those swampers down to zero pretty much. You could probably take the valve cores out."
He entertained us the whole trip :p He did try airing them down further and wound up slicing at least one due to too low a pressure :p

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The one and only use I can see on those TSL Thornbirds is for truck shows. They look so weird and ugly that could go perfectly well with many weird and ugly useless super mega tall trucks:D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Guess Ill play devils advocate... several of my buddies that lived in southern mississippi and alabama swear by them in sandy mud. They swore they cleaned out better than anything else but they also didnt run them on the road. Guess it depends on what your planning on doing with your rig...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts