TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rotors are badly warped and I was looking at some cross-drilled rotors on E-Bay. I'm just wondering if they are any good or not. Has anyone bought rotors on off of E-Bay? If so, have they been any good? Also, do you know what brand you got off of E-Bay? By the way, I have a 2003 doublecab prerunner.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Dont people talk about staying away from the crossdrilled rotors? Something about dirt getting in there and water cooling warping the rotors? Enlighten me?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Dont people talk about staying away from the crossdrilled rotors? Something about dirt getting in there and water cooling warping the rotors? Enlighten me?
The thing with cross drilled rotors is that eventually they will develop stress cracks around the holes. The life time of the rotor can be extended with chamfering around the holes, but they will still eventually start to crack. The other big problem is that you cannot have them turned, so their life expectancy is quite short.

Cross drilled rotors offer no braking advantage over normal rotors. The pratice of cross drilling was meant to releave the gas layer that can build up between the pad and rotor under hard braking. Newer brake pads do not suffer nearly as bad from outgassing like pads of the past. Cross drilling and slotting are now more cosmetic than anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts