TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or a similar product? i'm tired of taking the skids off when i change my oil and it makes a complete mess if i don't take them off.

what are some other brands that are similar?

931 Posts
spacewrangler said:
...or a similar product? i'm tired of taking the skids off when i change my oil and it makes a complete mess if i don't take them off.

what are some other brands that are similar?
Have been for a few years:
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/fumoto/fumoto.htm

Its great! I am actually thinking about getting them for all the vehicles, just one less thing to mess with when I change the oil.

·
Registered
925 Posts
i'm using a fram sure drain. works great! also, contrary to a popular myth, they do allow all of the oil to come out. the plug only threads less than the thickness of the drain pan.

they used to sell them at walmart. i got 3 on ebay for about 7 bucks each. great deal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've been using the fumoto valve for years and think it's a much better quality than the similar products I've seen. The only "minor" negative thing I've found is that it takes a few minutes longer to completly drain the pan compared to just pulling the standard drain plug.

·
Registered
75 Posts
x2 the fram drain

Modified mine to allow all the oil to drain, though

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a Fumoto and love it. I am about to get one for the wife's Cherokee. It's so cool to be able to take a sample of your oil from the bottom. It does take longer to drain but who cares, I can change my oil in my appartment garage without spilling a drop. The last time I changed the oil, I drained it into two milk jugs by using a hose. On my last truck, I had some dude at the oil change place cross thread the drain plug and the thing had a slow leak until I sold it. I never have to worry about that again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Question for those who have these drain valves. Even though you can drain the oil without making a mess, you still have to remove a full, gushing oil filter though, right?

I don't see how this can be done without making a mess or removing the skidplate.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Some people se the plastic bag trick. I find it hard to do it this way anyways, and it hard enough to do correctly.

I just pull the skidplate. I can have mine on and off in 10 mins...

It's great for boats. Just hook up a tube and slip it through the drian hole. Flip the valve and out goes the oil.

·
Registered
565 Posts
(Flexion) said:
Question for those who have these drain valves. Even though you can drain the oil without making a mess, you still have to remove a full, gushing oil filter though, right?

I don't see how this can be done without making a mess or removing the skidplate.
Plastic bag = No mess :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I use it the Fumoto and it's great. Real easy with a Dana 44 axle and the valve especially. Plastic bag trick no workie for me. I still make a mess, albeit a little less.

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts