TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with them.. I'm thinking of rigging up some kind of quick set up after building my bed rack to incorporate a Tent Cot as a RTT.. Would be pretty simple but still not certain as to how it would hold up. Would only be used between the spring and fall.. Thanks for any info..:)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I dont know much about these tents... But in general, you get what you pay for. Depending on how often you want to use it, your location, weather, etc., you can make your decision, as far as quality. High altitude, sun (UV rays), and other weather can kill a tent in one season. Canvas seems to last much longer than other fabrics. This is just my general experience, maybe someone else can help you further...

Good luck.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I built a flat overhead deck on one vehicle and pitched a backpacking tent on it. That worked fine. I lived in it for 3 months in one stretch. IMO the tent cot is too small. You need enough room to take off clothes and other things once you get in. In fair weather you can leave stuff outside.
Teryx

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a couple of the Kamprite TC701 (collapsable model). They are great for what they are, fast and easy to set up and somewhat compact. I would not waste the time trying to rig up one on a rooftop or on a rack. I use them when I know I will be on the move each day.

Jacque

·
Registered
30 Posts
Old-ish post, but I've been away for what feels like years... If you're still looking for info

I have a Kamp-Rite Deluxe cot tent. Love it. Set up is super quick. Breakdown is super quick. If you're camping out of your truck, this is an awesome way to go. I've doubled up bed mats though, cuz even though the cot has a foam base layer it's still a little uncomfortable. Im a side sleeper
Here's a Youtube video I did showing how quick setup is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfDV8bMAn-E

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with them.. I'm thinking of rigging up some kind of quick set up after building my bed rack to incorporate a Tent Cot as a RTT.. Would be pretty simple but still not certain as to how it would hold up. Would only be used between the spring and fall.. Thanks for any info..:)
After using a more traditional cot for several years I got around to replacing it with with a Roll-a-cot and find it both lighter and much easier to setup. The one thing I changed were the bottoms of the feet so it was easier on the tent floor.

Roll-a-Cot.

I have the big long and wide one since I'm what you'd call plus size with three pairs of legs, which is also easier on the tent floor. It's a nice cot, much nicer than the old one I had both quicker and easier to setup and easy to adjust the tension to your liking which you can't do with most cots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts