TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the search and nothing came up. Just wondering if anyone had les schwab put a lift on for them.... There's one in town and my buddy is going to get a lift there.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
TacoCambo said:
I tried the search and nothing came up. Just wondering if anyone had les schwab put a lift on for them.... There's one in town and my buddy is going to get a lift there.
The "Gnome" aka Prowler (no longer on this site) used them when he bought his FJC....they installed a Revtek spacer lift/wheels/tires for him....just a few months before he totalled out his rig on the Rubicon.

He was happy with the install, 'cept for the part where they scratched the hell outta his fender flare. I think they replaced it. And they charged him $750 in labor to do a job you could get local people to help you with and complete in about 2-3 hours.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Angry Andy said:
The "Gnome" aka Prowler (no longer on this site) used them when he bought his FJC....they installed a Revtek spacer lift/wheels/tires for him....just a few months before he totalled out his rig on the Rubicon.

He was happy with the install, 'cept for the part where they scratched the hell outta his fender flare. I think they replaced it. And they charged him $750 in labor to do a job you could get local people to help you with and complete in about 2-3 hours.
Yea, my buddy doesn't want to wrench on his truck. Just wondering if they had a good rep or not, so I could let him know.....

·
Registered
533 Posts
He should ask to talk to the tech with the most experience. Find out if he has done a few of these and if he seems competent, request that he does the work on it.

what a puss for not trying it himself, he deserves a spacer lift.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
007 said:
He should ask to talk to the tech with the most experience. Find out if he has done a few of these and if he seems competent, request that he does the work on it.

what a puss for not trying it himself, he deserves a spacer lift.
LOL!

·
Registered
292 Posts
In my area, they have a rep of being fine for tires and brakes, but suck on bigger deals.

I had an old sentra, that I stripped the lugs on. I pulled the knuckles to have them put new studs in for me. Then I had them check them out after I put them back on. About two months later I had them replace all 4 shocks.

About 2 months after that, my knuckle fell off, while backing out of a parking spot. A bolt, that they had to inspect, remove, then reinstall and reinspect, had backed out. The knuckle on those cars is held on in a tripod configuration, it was the top bolt.

The knuckle levered out, destroyed my cv shaft and destroyed the seals on my tranny.

Oddly enough, they covered it, their lifetime labor gaurentee. But they wouldn't cover the tow truck. I always thought that was strange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts