TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these going through the performance products catalog. Is anyone using these or know if they work? it seems a little too simple to be as effective as they claim.

http://www.supersprings.com/index.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:banghead: I think I should have posted this is suspension, but I don't know how to move it or delete it.

100 Posts
Super Srings

Troymm said:
:banghead: I think I should have posted this is suspension, but I don't know how to move it or delete it.

I looked at the site and they look "slightly similiar" to mine which are SUMMIT anti roll traction springs add on. Mine and probably your choice are a good investment. I travel twice a year and load up at least 600 pounds in bed and with the add on spring helper the rear only comes down to the normal level of the truck. They also help with body roll (sway) and assist in "hook up" traction. With additoin of Monomax shocks and Summit bars my rear end height came up @ 1& 1/2 to 2 inches. For me they were a valuable asset worth three times what I paid. Good luck in your decision. Rich

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the Summit spring helpers make the ride stiffer when you don't have a load in the back?

100 Posts
Summit spring helper

Troymm said:
Did the Summit spring helpers make the ride stiffer when you don't have a load in the back?

I do not have TRD suspension set-up. I replaced shocks with Monomax gas shocks that are made for Tacomas. With the helper springs (and shocks) the ride is only slightly firmer than stock pre-Runner ride and truck tracks and rides just BEAUTIFUL EVEN WHEN EMPTY. As stated my rear height came up @ 1 1/2" and gives vehicle a mean rackish look. I did these mods mainly because of the weight I put in back when I travel NY-FL. With the weight I was sitting down and when I hit dips in road at speed I (did not feel it) could see that rear was just touching the rubber stops. Hope that helps answer your question. Rich

02 Pre-Runner. 3.4, TRD S/C, 7th Kit, Headers, cat-back, air filter. Monomax shocks, Summit anti roll helper springs, step bars, bull bar with KC fog lamps, ARE hard tonneau cover, home made bedliner. Next step, a 2.2 pulley. ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rich. Every year I make a trip up to the mountains and have about 600 lbs of gear so I think the spring helpers will help. But I don't want it to become too stiff with an empty bed. The Summit Spring helpers are only $40.00 and the Supersprings are $243.00 so I think that will help with my decision.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I emailed summit and they said they dont have the SUMMIT "SWAY CONTROL PLUS" lEAF sPRING hELPER kIT for my truck, a 03 ext cab TRD. Let me know if you find out differently because like you said I would rather spend 40.00 than 300.00

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just called Summit and they said the kits are listed from 1996 to 2002. I don't think there is much, if any changes to the leaf spring set up between 02 to 03.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Supersprings will make you truck ride stiff without a load. I tried them on my truck and it jumped all of the roads. They did help carry heavy loads in the bed, but I didn't haul a lot to justify keeping them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts