TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out some the other day at Advanced auto and at 7.99 a quart, its quite expensive. Does anyone have any experience with Redline products? I have never seen it compared to any of the other leading oil manuf. in any of the tests online. thanks.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
After reading tons of reviews of guys running the redline MT-90 in their manual tranny's and x-case i put it in my 5spd and all my notchy shifting disapeared. It so far has been a great investment. It's -2 outside right now and on the drive home from my girlfriends tonight it shifted excellent.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
i first used it at my 30k tune-up for my t-case, tranny, and diffs. my gears shift nice and smooth and i have had no problems. 7.99 is a bit pricey though... i remember paying 5 per bottle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another vote for Redline stuff. At 12K miles I put it in the tranny, transfer case, and both diffs. Have not had any problems since. Did a drain and refill at 24K miles and am about 5000 miles away from another drain and refill. That is overkill, but I like to check the condition of the fluid (for evidence of premature wear) often, and this is an easy way of doing it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used Amsoil, and now I am sorry that I did. I have heard other people say the same thing here. Hard shifting into second, and hard downshifting into various gears. I am ready to try the Redline MT-90 based on the reviews here. I just want to know the cheapest place online to buy it. I paid alot for the Amsoil, and right about now I don't know if I really care anymore. I just don't want to have a tranny that shifts like crap anymore. It was fine until I put the Amsoil in there. Every Toyota I've had had a problem as soon as I changed out the factory juice. I even tried topping it off with the extra 2 cups, as discussed on this forum, and the shifting is still crappy. So where should I buy the MT-90???

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Uneasy Rider said:
I was checking out some the other day at Advanced auto and at 7.99 a quart, its quite expensive. Does anyone have any experience with Redline products? I have never seen it compared to any of the other leading oil manuf. in any of the tests online. thanks.
I use it thoughout my truck. About six months ago i flushed out my auto tranny with their D4 (about 220.00 worth) and it seems to hold up pretty well. I change it every 5K since im on that toyota maintence plan up to 55K so toyota changes it for me. Ive got 10K left and im thinking i may try amsoil since thats a pretty popular oil to use. Overall its awesome stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sucks that i just put Mobil-1 throughout my tranny, transfer case, and diffs...i got that notchey shifting thing too. I paid the same price 7.99 a bottle/liter so it sucks that it's notchey...might just change the tranny out with some of this stuff to give it a shot. You guys thing the rest of the drivetrain is ok with Mobil one in it? I'm going to search for more info now.

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
Uneasy Rider said:
i put it in my M-tranny and it fixed the 1st-2nd shifting instantly. cold mornings are no longer an issue.

i havent used any of their other oils.. i use AMSOil for everything else.

buy here:
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1162

·
Registered
36 Posts
Redline MT-90 is excellent for manual transmissions. I swear by it. Shop around online, I'm sure you can find it cheaper and maybe even get free delivery. I think I bought mine from Jeg's.

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
VolcomTacoma said:
Are you guys putting MT90 in your transfercase also?
i don't, but there's nothing wrong with doing that.

i bought enough amsoil for diffs, tranny, and xfer case.. then found out that redline would work better for the tranny, so i just put it in the tranny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts