TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much states it all.

Anybody using one? How do you like it? Any mods you had to do when going from Taco tcase to this guy?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
You plannin on runnin a pass side drop? or a toy axle?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
It's a straight bolt in replacement transfer case that maintains drivers side drop, but with lower gearing options.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I run Lefty (plus a crawler) in my FJC and it works great. If you are installing just Lefty the install is pretty easy. Your drive lines will work w/o modifying them and it will bolt directly into your truck. The shifter will require a little cutting and welding to in order to make the shifter line up with the existing hole in your floor. Jim includes all the parts you need.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No plans to run a passenger side front axle when I go SAS.

sbechtold, how long have you had it on the road and how is it surviving?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I was Jim's prototype customer and I've been running Lefty since December 06. I've got a fair amount of offroad and highway miles on it and it's surviving great! There are a few other FJC's that have installed Lefty and they are working very well also.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I was Jim's prototype customer and I've been running Lefty since December 06. I've got a fair amount of offroad and highway miles on it and it's surviving great! There are a few other FJC's that have installed Lefty and they are working very well also.
+1 Tacoma too.;) Very happy with mine as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i have one sitting in my truck, havent installed it yet. you can get options like cryoed or cromoly output shafts, and a reduction box if needed.

great customer service too

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I've got a Lefty, and I love it. It kicked ass in Moab.

I replied to your post more in-depth over on Pirate - with pics.

·
Registered
361 Posts
83:1 with a single case, if i get a 2.28:1 crawler ill be at 190:1

thats 4.10 gears with a 4.0 first gear in trans, 5.0 rear case,

my best possible crawl ratio is looking at 222:1 with 4.88 gears, 4.0 first gear, 5.0 case and 2.28 reduction box.

right now i just wanna get this single case in dangit

·
Registered
447 Posts
right now i just wanna get this single case in dangit
I hear ya, I'm stuck between spending my money on a 4.7 gearset for the rear case or just put the 2.28 gears in both? I think I'll just leave the 2.28's for a crawl ratio of 109:1. That way I can buy a front locker!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I hear ya, I'm stuck between spending my money on a 4.7 gearset for the rear case or just put the 2.28 gears in both? I think I'll just leave the 2.28's for a crawl ratio of 109:1. That way I can buy a front locker!
i hear ya there

hijack on: nice truck, i guess ill cya in the fall, im going to CSU in the fall
hijack off

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
:) Looks like I have everyone beat so far.

1st: 4.31
Crawler:2.28
T-case:4.7
Diffs:5.29
Final Crawl Ratio: 244:1 :D

IMO It's about perfect. I wouldn't want it any slower.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:) Looks like I have everyone beat so far.

1st: 4.31
Crawler:2.28
T-case:4.7
Diffs:5.29
Final Crawl Ratio: 244:1 :D

IMO It's about perfect. I wouldn't want it any slower.
if i did 5.29s with my setup id be at a 241:1 which would be rather close, but im still IFS with my 4runner and i doubt i need that crawl ratio hehe

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
if i did 5.29s with my setup id be at a 241:1 which would be rather close, but im still IFS with my 4runner and i doubt i need that crawl ratio hehe
Even with IFS 241:1 would be nice. We wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 244:1 and 241:1... for at least a mile. lol

I'm also running 37's on a 22rte... so 5.29's are needed so I have enough power to get out of the driveway. :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts