TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these, if so got a pic of them installed. Although I try to avoid mud, it is impossible to avoid it at Paragon. These look cool, but are pricey, but if they protect the inner seal, and help keep the water out then I'd consider them. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems to be the going trend. I have 2 sets of inner seals that I cant return, even though the jackass that sold them swore that they fit all dana 44's. I guess its my ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject. I was doing good on the budget till this kind of junk started happening. Oh well. Wanna buy some smaller inner axle seals. LOL

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
They are mad by alloy usa, but they will not work on the waggy axle. They are more for the newer rubicon jeep 44s. They are basically a 44 center section with 30 outers. IMO, they freaking suck!! I'll stick with my waggy.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have a set of the MAD 4wd ones they make for D60's. They may also make a 44 version??? just add a dab of silicone and hammer them into the axle tube. They sit flush w/ the edge of the axle tube and do not protrude.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
snowchucker said:
I have a set of the MAD 4wd ones they make for D60's. They may also make a 44 version??? just add a dab of silicone and hammer them into the axle tube. They sit flush w/ the edge of the axle tube and do not protrude.
Yep, but they only make them for the smaller axle tubes. They dont fit waggy tubes. I'm looking into making a collar to use one of the 3 pairs of useless small tube inner axle seals I have and cant return.

·
Registered
739 Posts
he's saying pound the whole entire unit into the axle housing on the bigger tubes, thats not a bad idea really, i got the same info a year ago when i looked into these, but hadn't heard they could be manipulated into the big tube like that, good info fo sho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts