TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this? Specifically anyone with a double cab. I was thinking about it for the rear. I have an add-a-leaf right now and it rides terribly. How much lift did you get overall with this setup and how much did it sag over time?

BTW: I have a 2003 Double Cab Tacoma

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
208 Posts
I have the OME leaf pack on my '01 DCab. The PO pulled out the first (from the top) overload leaf to get it to sit a bit lower and of course carry less weight. He said that it rode better without that "stink bug" look too.

I would say that I have a full 2" of lift in the rear, but have nothing to measure it by other than other Tacos around me. Would have more with the overload in.

I say it rides good now. I may not go back with the overload leaf. I don't believe it has sagged over the 1.5 years it's been on there -- so he says. Now, those 881s I'm sure have sagged. That's why I ordered some 882s to replace them with.

Jody.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
03trdblack said:
Anyone running this? Specifically anyone with a double cab. I was thinking about it for the rear. I have an add-a-leaf right now and it rides terribly. How much lift did you get overall with this setup and how much did it sag over time?

BTW: I have a 2003 Double Cab Tacoma

I have been running this setup for a little over 2 years on my 2002 dbl cab. The leafs have held up very well for my purposes. They are not the flexiest or most trick laftermarket leafs available but they are an excellent value and you will appreciate the difference in the ride and performance over the AAL.

After initial install they rode about 3" above stock but after a significant number of rough trips down the beach, moderate loads, tows and a couple of wheeling trips they have held to around 2.5" of lift.
You need to be aware that the springs reposition the axle forward 1/2-1" but other than minor rubbing when my 33's are stuffed this has caused no problems. as a matter of fact this was a completely bolt on and good to go solution for my dbl cab with no driveling vibrations to correct.

I highly recomend using the greasable shackles front eye bushings and OME n85 shocks with the leaves. It is a very well designed rear suspension that will keep you happy for DD, moderate wheeling activities.

This is what my truck stood like imediately after the OME suspension install.. this is where I should have stopped :rolleyes:

I have been negligent to take many new pictures the newness wore off :D but it looks something like this now with a few minor changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts