TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a black UWS toolbox for my '00 reg cab, and was wondering if anyone could help me out on what model you got and how it fits/how much it holds.

if anyone knows of any other brand (black) that works just as well, feel free to input.

thanks
clay

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've seen Husky (Home Depot house brand) boxes in black. They might be labeled under another name in other parts of the country.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I purchased mine and they told me that it was the only one for the toyota.
I will look for a model number.
Here is a picture of the tool box on my truck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you look at people's profiles? i clicked your name and found no picture, just forum data. ha, thanks anyways
clay

·
Registered
294 Posts
Claymon said:
I'm looking to get a black UWS toolbox for my '00 reg cab, and was wondering if anyone could help me out on what model you got and how it fits/how much it holds.

if anyone knows of any other brand (black) that works just as well, feel free to input.

thanks
clay
I've had my black chest/wedge box for a little over three years now and have to say, it has to be one of the best built boxes Ive ever owned!!! [out of 4-5 over the years]
Certainly worth a lil extra funds over some of the cheaper boxes on the market IMO
It does become somewhat of a bottemless pit because of how deep it is though.
Some of the crap I can reacall thats in it---
Full set of TREs
PS Pump
Hoses
Belts
5qts of oil
Brake fluid
some random diff oil
gallon of anit freeze
large socket set
2 other mediem sized tool bags full O crap
spare hard and soft brake lines
Brake Cleen
a few random spray cans of this and that
booster cables
Drill and bits
a few tow straps and D rings
Large tarp
random box of nuts/bolts
air hose
Tree saw
Small shovel
hack saw
Prob more if I were to clean it out but, thats a 2 hour task LOL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you opted for the chest/wedge box over a box with a crossover lid? does that just hold a lot more, more secure, etc...?

also, how much and where did you purchase?
thanks
clay

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've got one of the "Slim line" boxes behind my Double Cab. I cannot believe how much crap I can stuff in that little box.

Hi Lift
1 Set snow chains
3 qts Water
Tow Strap
Tire Repair kit
tire repair foam in a can, 2 large cans
Flares
Socket Set
1lb propane bottle
Misc hand tools
Shovel
Axe
Rope
electrical meter
flashlight
etc.

Nice quality box. I'm on my second. The first one I had was black powdercoat. I had heard on this board UWS had problems with the powdercoat, and peeling (3 yrs ago). I called UWS, they said problem was fixed. I ordered a UWS box from another supplier. Apparently I got one of the bad ones, because 2 years later, it started peeling on top.

I called UWS. No fuss whatsoever, they were aware of past problems, and 4 days later I had a new box on my doorstep at no charge. I went with the black powder coat again. Promise to replace with new if anything went wrong again, regardless of actual warranty. Excellent customer service. I obviously was worried after the first box peeled, but with the customer service I received from them, only UWS boxes will be going on my trucks from now on.

Very nice put together box as well.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I have one
it is sized for a Dodge Dakota, but it just sits a little over the bed rails
I really like it, it is the silver diamond plate
I have a reg cab as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts