TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be rolling back into town this Saturday. Anyone meeting up at the Kemah Home Depot? ;)

I've added a few more things to the T-100...like a trailer. :D

Yes...it says 1WD on there. ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you're seeing is my T-100 aero project along with my single wheel trailer project that I picked up about a year and a half ago. It's been really fun to play with and it keeps me pretty much out of trouble for now by learning about aerodynamics and builds. It's not pretty as it's mostly for proof of concept to see what it can do. It's a real convo starter and gets a lot of people snapping their heads and cameras when I'm on the road traveling with it. Most of them can't figure out how it's possible to turn with trailer but once you see it in action...it all makes sense. ;)

If you want to read through 50+ pages of my build... ;)
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/boat-tail-project-based-single-wheel-trailer-26997.html

Been trying to consistently hit 30mpg at 65mph with the trailer attached as I get better gas mileage with the trailer attached than I do without. Never thought you would ever hear that, right? I made a run out West to California back in February and the highway mileage was close but in town driving dragged the average down. Best tank I got on that trip was 31.06mpg at 65mph while trailered. Not bad for a 5vzfe 2WD auto with 430,000 miles on her. ;)

Since no one replied, I didn't feel right hanging around the parking lot and left around 6pm on Saturday. Ended up taking Highway 3 as I-45 was all jammed up. Still got a lot of gawkers and crazies as I made my way onto the 610 loop and on up to the 290. Even got chased by a black Ford F150 who had to snap piccies of the rig. But it was a fun drive... ;)

College Station isn't all that bad and I'm adapting to the student population here. Most have seen the truck but a few have seen it with the trailer attached. Got approached by a few locals to ask about the setup and the what and why for. At least they can understand when I tell them I've saved over $3700 in gas alone in the past 6 years (which has paid for the truck, trailer, and most of the maintenance/gas) just by driving it this way. Can't say that with any other setup, right? ;)

Hope to back down that way a few more times during the summer. I have a few runs into San Antonio on the future as well. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts