TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great time at the campout... I wanna go back out somewhere, dont care where. Chaz maybe next weekend would be a good idea for corbett... It's so dry, there should be little water, we could make it all the way to the other side.... I just wanna find somewhere to go play, I was "wheeling" in the publix parking lot after I got groceries on my way home tonight, just to feel the truck flexing over the curbs haha, I even used low range lol.... Sand, hills, water anything....

dom, skip, anyone know of anywhere ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Iggy said:
dude the MALL is the best place to CRAWL
LOL!! Ant man, go to the campout next weekend of March 3rd and 4th...We are heading over there and camping out that Sat. night...Don't worry, this time we are 110% prepared...All the necessities, plus a stove, and a ton of food and some booze....There is a place though called Bear Trail, but it's on the other side of Alligator Alley...There is nothing really close by (within 90 miles) other that Corbett...There are some places in Miami, but they will sink our rides within the first mile of trail...It looks like I'll just have to put a weekend aside for a campout every month or so to get in some good wheelin...I know this is way off, but I'm going to Tellico in the beginning of June!! I need to hit some trails pronto...I have some new things done to the rig....Finished my bumper (well still need to wire the fogs), New wheels (from wheelers) and some 33's, and new lower rear links from Man-a-Fre....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your FJ is sweet Dom...keep it coming. Anthony, there really is just no where to wheel anywhere close. You can go to Big Cypress which is out Alligator Alley, but it's a Nat Forest, wheeling only on designated trails, absolutely no hills or valleys or anything. I think we should all plan to shoot over to Tampa area, it should be closer than Ocala.

·
Registered
151 Posts
coryc85 said:
Your FJ is sweet Dom...keep it coming. Anthony, there really is just no where to wheel anywhere close. You can go to Big Cypress which is out Alligator Alley, but it's a Nat Forest, wheeling only on designated trails, absolutely no hills or valleys or anything. I think we should all plan to shoot over to Tampa area, it should be closer than Ocala.
Thanks man!! Bear Trail is the place I was talking about, it's the only designated trail in the Big Cypress that allows stree legal 4x4's...Heard it was good trail riding though?!?! Yes, I'm hoping Tampa is much closer than the trip to Ocala...I have to stop by Lokey's 4x4 center first for some work on my FJ...Hoping it's not too far from Citrus..

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is always the bamboo place in Martin County. It's pretty much a cattle ranch with a few mudholes and camping with firewood already there. I've been out there quite a bit and it's a decent place. Mostly mud.

Has a wash station with a few 1" hoses and good pressure for cleanup.

It's open 7 days a week and I think it's $20 a day or 25-30 for a weekend (fri-sun) a person.

Here is thier website with contact info:
Plant Bamboo

Also here are a few pics I have from out there if you want an idea of whats there:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm working on and gathering info on Bear Island/Big Cypress National Reserve. I'm not personally interested in 40 acres of mud pit, what I'm trying to find for us is a trail run with a few challanges.
Don't get me wrong! Mud Fest, L-Cross is awesome, just not what I prefer to do.

·
Registered
151 Posts
2Tense said:
I'm working on and gathering info on Bear Island/Big Cypress National Reserve. I'm not personally interested in 40 acres of mud pit, what I'm trying to find for us is a trail run with a few challanges.
Don't get me wrong! Mud Fest, L-Cross is awesome, just not what I prefer to do.
I have some info. on Bear Trail and found it's access pt. off the ally this weekend when I was coming back from Naples...You have to get a permit $50/yr. for you vehicle, and get a OHV license from the visitor center...I already have mine as I went 4-wheelin' out there last yr...You watch a 30 min. video than they take your pic and you get your license...I haven't register the Fj yet, as the visitor center is a ways away...It's off old 41 and closer to the west coast side then the east coasts...You need your registration, title, and license to get the vehicle registered...If you want to head up there at the end of the month to get the vehicles inspected and what not, let me know and we can get it done...

·
Registered
963 Posts
That is exactly what I have found out, $50 fee for the year, inspection of vechile.... and so on....

I'm doing it, with two others (neighbors), Dom you have my number!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts