TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a trip with the girl down from Orlando to the everglades may 16-19. I can look up all kinds of tourist crap to do and places to take drive/ take pictures - but anywhere that your van full of kids can't go that I can explore? Don't even know what its like down there (hence the trip) :)

We'll be staying in a Hotel in Naples and making day trips all weekend.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Freaky - well, there's not really too many options as far as wheeling to be honest. Big Cypress is just down I75 from Naples and you can drive on some trails there, but I believe there is a $50 permit required for most of the "off road" type of trails and the last time I looked into it there were some serious restrictions on tire width. The other option which is also not that great is Corbett, but that would be quite a drive from Naples. We don't have any elevation changes down here, mostly just dirt trails with some mud holes thrown in. One thing that might be fun is to go and canoe in the everglades. You can do an overnite stay on a raised platform in the water called a chickee. I don't know of any trails over in Naples, perhaps someone else on the board knows.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll see what I can dig up about Big Cypress. Looks like it'll just be wildlife viewing on foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
freakyb
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing