TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Socal TTORA forum members!

My name is Charlton. I drive the black GX470. I am volunteering to lead my second run in Anza-Borrego. My first run I "led" was at Rohwer flats. You can read about that here (Rowher Flat OHV 2018) if you are interested. The rest of this post is an edited version of the run Sparky led in 2018. Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is the largest state park in California. Five hundred miles of dirt roads, 12 wilderness areas and many miles of hiking trails provide visitors with an unparalleled opportunity to experience the wonders of the California Desert. The park is named for Spanish explorer Juan Bautista de Anza and the Spanish word for bighorn sheep, borrego. The park features washes, wildflowers, palm groves, cacti and sweeping vistas.

Trail Runs:

Moderate (32" tires, 1 Locker recommended): Arroyo Seco Del Diablo (and Diablo Drop Off), Sandstone Canyon, Fish Creek Wash, Misc exploring.
Locker is recommended but if any of you know Victor in the 80. He has does this run open/open.

Looking for other trail leaders if anyone wants to run a harder trail or easier trail.

Campsite: Fish Creek Camp

To the campsite-

Take CA-78 to Ocotillo (Ocotillo Airport), turn south on Split Mountain Road
Go about 8 miles south on Split Mountain Road.
Fish Creek Wash will turn off the pavement to the right (there's a sign).
Once you're on Fish Creek Wash, the camp site is 1.2 miles down on the left (there's a sign and a path).

The camp site has a bathroom(VERY clean), fire rings and can easily accomodate our entire group. There is no trash collection at the campsite. All trash and coals must be carried out.

Winter nights can quickly drop to below freezing temps and we could see daytime temps in the mid 80's. Come prepared!

馃彆Bring Firewood馃彆

Meet Time: 9:00am

A short driver's meeting will be held before separating into trail groups.

This is typically one of the best and most family friendly runs of the year! Come on out!

This however is not a typical year. With the covid pandemic, if you are feeling ill please stay home. While in groups out of the vehicle please maintain social distance and wear a mask. As most of us have grown to be close friends, please refrain from greeting each other physically. Fist bumps are the way to go if you must.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
MemberCampingDays
1CharltonYesSat/Sun
2RedStormRisingYesFri/Sat
3BorisNo =(
4Vride13YesSat/Sun
5BaseJumperYesFri/Sat
6Rynohay +1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts