1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TTORA SO-CAL
presents

Anza Borrego

Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is the largest state park in California. Five hundred miles of dirt roads, 12 wilderness areas and many miles of hiking trails provide visitors with an unparalleled opportunity to experience the wonders of the California Desert. The park is named for Spanish explorer Juan Bautista de Anza and the Spanish word for bighorn sheep, borrego. The park features washes, wildflowers, palm groves, cacti and sweeping vistas.

Trail Runs:

Easy (Stock/2WD, 1 Locker recommended): sightseeing around Font's Point, Calcite Mine, Coyote Canyon, 17 Palms, Fish Creek Wash

Moderate (32" tires, 1 Locker recommended): Canyon Sin Nombre, Arroyo Tapiado, Arroyo Seco Del Diablo (and Diablo Drop Off), Sandstone Canyon, Fish Creek Wash.

Hard (4WD, Mild Lift, Sliders, 33s, 1 Locker): Heart Attack Hill, The Squeeze, Fish Creek Wash. *Body damage is a possibility*

Campsite: Fish Creek Camp

To the campsite-

Take CA-78 to Ocotillo (Ocotillo Airport), turn south on Split Mountain Road
Go about 8 miles south on Split Mountain Road.
Fish Creek Wash will turn off the pavement to the right (there's a sign).
Once you're on Fish Creek Wash, the camp site is 1.2 miles down on the left (there's a sign and a path).

The camp site has a bathroom(VERY clean), fire rings and can easily accomodate our entire group. There is no trash collection at the campsite. All trash and coals must be carried out.

Winter nights can quickly drop to below freezing temps and we could see daytime temps in the mid 80's. Come prepared!

:camping:Bring Firewood:camping:​

Meet Time: 9:00am

A short driver's meeting will be held before separating into trail groups.

This is typically one of the best and most family friendly runs of the year! Come on out!

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The List:

1. sparky (moderate) *Trail Leader*
2. flyte74 (moderate)
3. T4rBoris (moderate/hard)
4. BASEjumper (moderate/hard)
5. Ain't Misbehaving (moderate/hard)
6. 2112 R (moderate)
7. 4runnerfiend (moderate)
8. GRIZZLY714 +1 (moderate/hard)
10. gofj80 (moderate/hard)
11. bzag (moderate/hard)
12. quetzal (moderate/hard)
13. rivethead242 (moderate)

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is it! The last official run of the year! Also, my last official run as President. I'm contemplating leading a group through The Squeeze and Heart Attack Hill. The level of interest will determine that. If not, we'll be exploring Ocotillo Wells, Font's Point, Calcite Mine and possibly Coyote Canyon, if it's open.

Come on out! I'll have The Store with me and maybe some goodies to share with everyone.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I’m in. Hope to do the moderate run but will do the hard run if no leader for moderate. Bringing the whole fam dam with me, including the attack dog. Will probably arrive Friday mid afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am potentially in for all trails. Parts shipped today. I have an appointment @ YotaMasters for Nov. 1st. If they finish my truck any time during the weekend. I'll be there. So excited!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey folks, this was cross linked from t4r.org in the SoCal section so I joined up on this site as well to say that I'm trying to work my schedule into tagging along.
There are a number of drivers on the other site looking for Easy to Moderate runs to get some hours on sand and dirt for some experience.
If I'm able to make it I'll have my kids along as well.

Thanks for putting this together, will confirm attendance later this week.

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m in, going to bring my kids and camp. Moderate and hard trails ok.
Glad you can make it out with us! See you next weekend!

I won't be able to make it. Yotamasters pushed my appointment
It'll just be me this time so I have a couple empty seats if you'd like to still make it out.

Hey folks, this was cross linked from t4r.org in the SoCal section so I joined up on this site as well to say that I'm trying to work my schedule into tagging along.
There are a number of drivers on the other site looking for Easy to Moderate runs to get some hours on sand and dirt for some experience.
If I'm able to make it I'll have my kids along as well.

Thanks for putting this together, will confirm attendance later this week.
Sweet! Please let the other drivers to either sign up with us or let you know if they're coming. We need to get a truck count.

How "easy" are the other drivers looking for? The number of groups we separate into depends on the turnout and our staffing for the event. Fish Creek is easy and very "self navigating" friendly. It would take roughly 3-4 hours to explore the main wash including a scenic hike or two. I'd need to know what they've done to their rigs to make a proper suggestion. We're a very friendly group so, regardless of skill level, everyone is invited to roll with us and learn the basics of offroad driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are the 2 threads over on that forum it was cross linked in case you want to ping them all with a reminder.
Classes - Page 3 - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum
Anza-Borrego - Page 4 - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Can't speak for other folks at this point, but if I make it I have:
2017 4runner ORP / Trail - rear locker
2.5" Lift on 285/70/17 Toyo A/T (+full size spare)
Sliders
high lift / recovery straps / first aid / tire repair / ARB on board air comp / etc

I'm shit for comms though. No CB or HAM. If I'm able to make it should I pick up a hand held unit?
Would probably be interested in the Moderate/Easy runs.

Again, will confirm this week pending schedule etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
got linked over from T4R. Truck is getting the Steering rack replaced today. as long as that goes well.. and it should. I'm in with wife and 2 year old.
up for Moderate and easy. no difficult really. Open diffs 3" lift 32's

·
Registered
14 Posts
Count me in

I'm in for moderate or hard. My brother in law will be tagging along with his first gen 4Runner. Planning on getting there Friday night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be able to make it.
Will have the kids with me (12 and 10) riding along and we plan on camping. Invited some folks from my work and if they come they'll either reply here or I'll post again for them so you have a good idea on numbers.
Moderate trails.
Leaving San Diego early Sat and will meet up at camp ground around 9am.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts