1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TTORA SO-CAL
presents

Anza Borrego

Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is the largest state park in California. Five hundred miles of dirt roads, 12 wilderness areas and many miles of hiking trails provide visitors with an unparalleled opportunity to experience the wonders of the California Desert. The park is named for Spanish explorer Juan Bautista de Anza and the Spanish word for bighorn sheep, borrego. The park features washes, wildflowers, palm groves, cacti and sweeping vistas.

Trail Runs:

Easy (Stock/2WD, 1 Locker recommended): sightseeing around Font's Point, Calcite Mine, Coyote Canyon, 17 Palms, Fish Creek Wash

Moderate (32" tires, 1 Locker recommended): Canyon Sin Nombre, Arroyo Tapiado, Arroyo Seco Del Diablo (and Diablo Drop Off), Sandstone Canyon, Fish Creek Wash.

Hard (4WD, Mild Lift, Sliders, 33s, 1 Locker): Heart Attack Hill, The Squeeze, Fish Creek Wash. *Body damage is a possibility*

Campsite: Fish Creek Camp

To the campsite-

Take CA-78 to Ocotillo (Ocotillo Airport), turn south on Split Mountain Road
Go about 8 miles south on Split Mountain Road.
Fish Creek Wash will turn off the pavement to the right (there's a sign).
Once you're on Fish Creek Wash, the camp site is 1.2 miles down on the left (there's a sign and a path).

The camp site has a bathroom(VERY clean), fire rings and can easily accomodate our entire group. There is no trash collection at the campsite. All trash and coals must be carried out.

Winter nights can quickly drop to below freezing temps and we could see daytime temps in the mid 80's. Come prepared!

:camping:Bring Firewood:camping:​

Meet Time: 9:00am

A short driver's meeting will be held before separating into trail groups.

This is typically one of the best and most family friendly runs of the year! Come on out!

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize for the tardiness of this posting. I recently lost a loved one and had to deal with all the aftermath myself. I'm up and running again now!

We have our last run of the year coming up in a couple weeks. I'll hopefully be heading out friday afternoon/evening. Can't wait to see everyone out there!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry to hear Mike!

Edgar and I are heading out to Baja for the race that but if we can we'll try to make it. By far, some of the best trail runs with ttora has been in Anza Borrego. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a maybe. A good friend is getting married on Friday night. Hopefully work won't be super busy so I will have time to pack during the week.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm in. 2 adults and 4 kids in the yacht. Guess I'm putting the 3rd row in!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm going to be camping at Fish Creek on Friday already with a friend or so. Any chance I can bring them Saturday? ^^;;
So long as they meet the minimum requirements, bring 'em!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm 83% in. I have 2 evenings to get my skid plates back on which involves welding some mounts underneath and right now it's raining. Camping Saturday night. Would love to do the squeeze and heart attack hill if there's a trail leader. Maybe we can get in a night run?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found the camp ground on google maps for easier navigation.

"Fish Creek Primitive Campground", Borrego Springs, CA 92004. https://goo.gl/maps/SjyB4bXwYFE2

If there is poor cellular signal, save these GPS coordinates.

DD (Decimal Degrees)
Latitude 33.0238919
Longitude -116.11013083

DMS (Degrees Minutes Seconds)
N 33* 1' 25.011"
W 116* 6' 36.471"

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, all!

I'll be leaving early Saturday morning to arrive at camp around 8:30. It looks like we have enough vehicles to split up into 2 groups. maybe 3.

There are plenty of places to explore with the moderate group. There's not too much trouble we can get into but we'll had lots of fun. Ken, I know Dawson might like to go through Pinyon Mountain. You 2 can talk about it tomorrow morning and maybe recruit some others that are up for the challenge. Night runs are always open for discussion, too.

Bring firewood!! I already have the cruiser packed with some.

If you follow the directions in the information post and charlton's map, you should not have any issues finding the campsite.

See you in the morning!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts