TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up guys & gals! My favorite trip of the year. Anza Borrego. It's a magical place.

This year we're going to change it up. Over the course of the pandemic overlanding/wheeling has exploded in popularity. Some of the effects of this has been the explosion in used 4x4 vehicle prices, popularity of trails, and established campsites. Lots of general camping/wheeling etiquette being ignored which lead to the closure of the best part of the old run. Sandstone Canyon.

I've looked a bit around for some more moderate trails in the area. This year we are going to explore Little Blair Valley, Blair Valley Rd, Oriflamme Canyon, Grapevine Canyon Road, Jasper Trail and possibly Old Culp Valley road.

Expect sandy washes, rutted hill climbs, river crossings, beautiful scenery and sweeping vistas.

Recommended:
Lift, 32"+ tires, recovery gear/shackle points

Meet Point:
33.045436701184194, -116.41209110908967
Intersection of Little Blair Valley Road & Great Southern Overland Stage Route (S2)
Map Slope Natural material Beige Parallel

If you are camping Winter nights can quickly drop to below freezing temps and we could see daytime temps in the mid 80's. Come prepared!

If you are camping please bring at least 1 bundle of firewood. Preferably hardwood. 馃彆Bring Firewood馃彆

Meet Time: 9:00am @ Meetpoint.
HAM: 144.450

Map World Line Parallel Terrestrial plant

Registered
2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Whats up guys & gals! My favorite trip of the year. Anza Borrego. It's a magical place.

This year we're going to change it up. Over the course of the pandemic overlanding/wheeling has exploded in popularity. Some of the effects of this has been the explosion in used 4x4 vehicle prices, popularity of trails, and established campsites. Lots of general camping/wheeling etiquette being ignored which lead to the closure of the best part of the old run. Sandstone Canyon.

I've looked a bit around for some more moderate trails in the area. This year we are going to explore Little Blair Valley, Blair Valley Rd, Oriflamme Canyon, Grapevine Canyon Road, Jasper Trail and possibly Old Culp Valley road.

Expect sandy washes, rutted hill climbs, river crossings, beautiful scenery and sweeping vistas.

Recommended:
Lift, 32"+ tires, recovery gear/shackle points

Meet Point:
33.045436701184194, -116.41209110908967
Intersection of Little Blair Valley Road & Great Southern Overland Stage Route (S2)
View attachment 61978

If you are camping Winter nights can quickly drop to below freezing temps and we could see daytime temps in the mid 80's. Come prepared!

If you are camping please bring at least 1 bundle of firewood. Preferably hardwood. 馃彆Bring Firewood馃彆

Meet Time: 9:00am @ Meetpoint.
HAM: 144.450

View attachment 61980
What is the name of the campground we are staying at?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the name of the campground we are staying at?
We're not staying at an established campsite. We will be camping dispersed. I will be bringing a large metal fire container so we can camp almost any where.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Count me in. This will be my 1st wheeling trip with my new unmodified (yet) rig. Camping 2 nights.
Yes!!! Frank! Can't wait to see the new ride. Glad to have a TTORA veteran join us. Jackie and I may roll down friday night and camp near the new meet point.

Registered
2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Plant Vehicle Mountain Sky Tree

Sky Bedrock Landscape Natural landscape Formation

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Mirror Sky Vehicle Window Hood

Plant Car Plant community Ecoregion Vehicle

Sky Plant Cloud Natural landscape Mountain

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Plant community

Here are some photos from the Anza trip. If you want me to send them to you personally send me your email.

Registered
Was this the group of folks that had to pull someone up Diablo Drop-off becuase busted a CV joint on, IIRC, an F-150?

We were passing through and stopped to watch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts