TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pinyon Mtn Road info

I posted this a couple weeks ago on the old board, seeing if anyone wants to go.

EDIT: I figure I should make this apparent, any 4x4 vehicle with some clearance is welcome, just make sure you/they are prepaired for the chance of carnage, especially with out protection and/or a lift.

email me for more information, to let us know if you are going to be able to make it, or for other questions. [email protected]

·
Registered
203 Posts
damn i wanna go so bad but my taco is prerunner and stock right now, my mods wont be done until late december. hopefully another run soon.
-darren

·
Registered
369 Posts
I wish this place was closer to alabama it sounds awesome. Well have a got time be safe and be sure to take some pics

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Live4yotas said:
I wish this place was closer to alabama it sounds awesome. Well have a got time be safe and be sure to take some pics
Thanks! We will take probably toooo many pictures. But hey thats what digital is for!

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ocdp2000 said:
damn i wanna go so bad but my taco is prerunner and stock right now, my mods wont be done until late december. hopefully another run soon.
-darren
Yeah unfortunetly this trail is not prerunner friendly. 4x4 is required for a handfull of parts.

thanks for the interest though.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turbo4door said:
Im interested! I'll ask my friend if he's interested as well (tacoma owner).
You got mail.

·
Registered
203 Posts
there are runs though that my 2x4 can go on right during the socal season. i really wanna go and have some fun. let me know.
-thanks

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ocdp2000 said:
there are runs though that my 2x4 can go on right during the socal season. i really wanna go and have some fun. let me know.
-thanks
Yeah there are plenty of places your 4x2 can go in Anza Borrego. Fish Creek/Split mtn are 2wd, till you get to Pinyon Drop-off. All of Ocotillo Wells SVRA.

i'll let you know when we go on another trip out to that area.

·
Registered
251 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
-thanks
check out the joshua tree thread right below this one

·
Registered
203 Posts
cool yea keep me updated im so psyched to get out and do some offroading.
thanks-
darren

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we finnished both trails, and had a blast.
I have roughtly 450 meg of just my pictures to go through, and enough video too.
I'll post the links when each one gets done.

Carnage for the trip:
Uniball adapter pulled out - My truck
Procomp tire had a decent size hole put in the tread. - Matts truck
Passenger side rear quarter pannel has a new scratch/dent- my truck
Rear fender flairs are toast in the front of the bedside-my truck
Boxers after almost rolling down Pinyon Dropoff, two times- me

After traveling Pinyon Mtn again, I don't think it would be a good idea for a stock/non protected truck to attempt it, after the 'recent' rains and other wheeler's changing the trail at the harderst spots, a stock truck would really have a hard time, even with full protection.

Bradshaw Trail is VERY easy but it is a great trail, 70+ miles long, amazing scenery. The start is a little difficult to find on the western side of the trail (salton sea side) but with the correct GPS cords, it is easier.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Good to hear about Pinyon Mtn trail.

I was out on the Mason Valley Truck Trail last weekend. Oriflamme goes all the way thru now, and is a fun drive. Used low range almost all the way. We camp at the saddle at the top of Mine canyon, don't know if you camped, but if you did we were not to far apart (as-the-crow-flys)

Later

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
Bradshaw Trail .........
If you like the Bradshaw trail and if you do it again, I recommed the drive thru Red Canyon. Check out the off shoots roads, there are some cool canyons.

There is also a great drive/views from the razorback between Chuckwalla Spring and Chuckwalla well.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ZR2Steve said:
Good to hear about Pinyon Mtn trail.

I was out on the Mason Valley Truck Trail last weekend. Oriflamme goes all the way thru now, and is a fun drive. Used low range almost all the way. We camp at the saddle at the top of Mine canyon, don't know if you camped, but if you did we were not to far apart (as-the-crow-flys)

Later
I did a quick search for "manson valley truck trail" and "Oriflamme trail" and didn't come up with much. I did get a topo map though.

do you have any pictures or other information about the trail?
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wgasa84 said:
I did a quick search for "manson valley truck trail" and "Oriflamme trail" and didn't come up with much. I did get a topo map though.

do you have any pictures or other information about the trail?
[email protected]
I'm not surprised about the lack of net info. It's not a high travel area except for people hiking the PCT.

Try 'Oriflamme Lights' you should see a few hits about the Ghost Lights.

The wife took some pics, I can try and e-mail you a few.

Basicly all the roads in that area are doable with a Tacoma 4X4. Chariot Canyon road & Mason Valley Truck Trail are easy. Oriflamme Canyon, and Rodriguez Canyon road are harder. Nothing like Pinyon Mtn. But without a locker, a spoter is helpful. All these roads tied together make a loop.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts