TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this coming weekend (feb 17-18), I am hoping to go 4-wheeling after FUD 200 race (that will be taking place by Ocotillo/Plaster City area on Saturday morning; I'll be pitting for a friend there but should be free by about 12pm-2pm I think). I am hoping to do something like this (follow the blue arrows) - from Ocotillo take imperial highway (S2) to canyon sin nombre, then onto arroyo seco del diablo, thru diablo drop-off to fish creek canyon, then either visit wind caves by following east thru fish creek wash and then coming back to the junction and continuing west on fish creek wash to the hapaha flat road or just go straight west thru fish creek wash to hapaha flat road, take that to Pinyon drop-off, drive it backwards (up, including heart-attack hill and the squeeze) and continue back to S2 on Pinyon mountain road. Then take S2 a little south to rodriguez canyon road and take that (or a little detour thru oriflamme canyon and chariot canyon) to road 78, then 78 east to 79 south, to 8, and back to san diego. Most probably camp out nearby number 9 on the map on Saturday night and then continue on Sunday morning. Planning to come bach to San Diego by 2pm or so.

preview:

the squeeze

heart-attack hill

etc...

anybody wants to come?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
you know I'd be down but I'm doing the calico cleanup and then heading to nevada to gamble, AZ to see an uncle and a race, and then home...nice planning though, going up pinyon should be well interesting:D careful who you take along on that one.
Mike

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Sounds fun, but since I'm not 4WD and my truck is way too wide to fit the squeeze I'll pass this time around, stay safe don't go alone!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
you dont think you could squeez it through there? if they fit a new taco through it seems almmost possible:D and yeah HA hill is going to be fun going up! wish i could make it

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
miguelitro said:
you dont think you could squeez it through there? if they fit a new taco through it seems almmost possible:D and yeah HA hill is going to be fun going up! wish i could make it

Apparently you are not supposed to go UP HA hill.... the new map didn't show this. My bet... ppl going up it, combined with the weather have caused it to errode big time!

Hell I felt tippy in my 85...

Going up is fun, can get tippy... but fun. I didn't know it was one way till after I went up it. :(

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
yes alot of the trails out there are listed as one way but that is more of an advisory thing i think??? most people really wouldnt want to try.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
miguelitro said:
yes alot of the trails out there are listed as one way but that is more of an advisory thing i think??? most people really wouldnt want to try.
I've seen that too... Calling the Forest Service... errr desert service? would be a good idea!

The one I had for the Office down there is not in service anymore :lmao:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
da'Burd said:
I would love to go out with you too, but I'll be out of town this weekend. Enjoy!! and be carefull.
WUT?! I hope you are not talking to me?!

Quote button my friend, quote button.. or use the quick reply on that person's post. I get confused easily!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
miguelitro said:
you dont think you could squeez it through there? if they fit a new taco through it seems almmost possible:D
No :lmao: I like the way my truck is arranged in the front right now

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the good wishes! I'll try to take lots of pictures if I go so you guys who missed it can feel worse! :D

I strongly believe the one way designations are strictly to warn people about the fact that it can be very hard and dangerous to go opposite way in a stock vehicle and I have heard of people going opposite way before too

and yes, I definitely hope someone will come along with me for fun and safety as well. if I can't find anybody at all I think I'll have to save this trip for another time...

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I'll do it next time:D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Animal said:
I believe he is using the regular Linear mode rather than Hybrid or the Threaded mode...
I know! I'm giving him a hard time!

:flipoff3:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
da'Burd said:
My bad.....I thought I clicked the right button....oh well. Happy Monday!!

*grumble grumble* Mondays bah... who needs em!

Ready for Tuesday's lovely Noob questions?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
viter
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing