TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im hoping you Houstin people will help me out here. Im looking for an apartment near the woodlands and close to or north of 1960. I plan to go to UTI in the fall and would just like the advice of anybody who lives here. I need a two bedroom for me and a roommate. I've visited and have some ideas, but would like some hands on experience. Also, if anybody wants to rent me a room or something...............

·
Registered
655 Posts
there are a whole bunch of apartment complexes off cypress trace, cypress station area. i used to live there....

wasn't until i moved that i realized i was only 5 minutes away from spring creek lol

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
stucktaco said:
Ok, Im hoping you Houstin people will help me out here. Im looking for an apartment near the woodlands and close to or north of 1960. I plan to go to UTI in the fall and would just like the advice of anybody who lives here. I need a two bedroom for me and a roommate. I've visited and have some ideas, but would like some hands on experience. Also, if anybody wants to rent me a room or something...............
Post this up on the Tx-Board http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

I know of at least 5 or 6 active memebers that live in that area right now but post it on the tX board i'm sure Steve, Lindsey, Mitch and the rest of the people that live i that area will help you out. Just let us know when you get here we have a good amount of active memebers that do alot of wheeling.

Later

Oh on a side note i thought Mitch was looking for a roomate soon or something like that also

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
stucktaco said:
PM me-
I have a 2 Br condo that I will be putting up for sale or possibly renting out.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
Just realize Houston is a shitty place to live now and move on with your life! :rofl:
Well yeah, if you live inside the loop :rolleyes:

Places on the outskirts are still ok, with the north side being better than the south side. Trash will always collect at the surf :p

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
Well yeah, if you live inside the loop :rolleyes:

Places on the outskirts are still ok, with the north side being better than the south side. Trash will always collect at the surf :p
:flipoff3: Screw Northside Clear Lake is the place to be :flipoff1: LOL J/K

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
Just realize Houston is a shitty place to live now and move on with your life! :rofl:

Yeah, Houston has its crappy parts. But that could be said for just about ANY place...

Are you just pissed off at Houston because of that chic?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TacoManny98 said:
Post this up on the Tx-Board http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

I know of at least 5 or 6 active memebers that live in that area right now but post it on the tX board i'm sure Steve, Lindsey, Mitch and the rest of the people that live i that area will help you out. Just let us know when you get here we have a good amount of active memebers that do alot of wheeling.

Later
Thanks, ill do that. Also i have a roommate already so I don't think i could do that with Mitch.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
stucktaco said:
Thanks, ill do that. Also i have a roommate already so I don't think i could do that with Mitch.

Hey man , I'm right on FM 1960 and hwy 59 area about 20 mins from woodlands. 1 bedroom 1 bath here is 475.. the 2s are like 50 bucks more a month

hit me up
713-548-7471

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Cmartinez95 said:
Yeah, Houston has its crappy parts. But that could be said for just about ANY place...

Are you just pissed off at Houston because of that chic?
Sorry for junking up your thread stucktaco...

No, I hated it LONG before seeing her. Houston has more than it's share of crappy parts. Let's look at the primary factors for living somewhere:

Jobs: yes, houston has a lot of pretty good paying jobs. There's lots of places like that though.

Cost of living: overall, Houston is rated as pretty darn cheap, but there appears to be not much middle ground - it's either super expensive or GHETTO (and dangerous - more on that later)

Crime: horrible. Throughout the city.

Traffic: horrible. No matter where you go, what time of day or night, you're gonna be in traffic (and probably wait in line when you get there)

Weather: yes, mild winters. Unfortunately, you pay for that with hotter-than-the-blazes-of-hell-and-unbeliveably-humid summers. Oh, and don't forget hurricanes.

Culture/Entertainment: Yes, Houston has EVERYTHING. Some great museums, a fine symphony, etc. The only better place for restaurants I've been is Chicago - and that's saying something, however, there's LOTS of places that can claim similar.

Aesthetics: Houston is ugly. The only geographic feature is the Gulf, and while much better than it used to be, is still pretty nasty. The city sprawls FOREVER in treeless flatness (until you get way up north, like Woodlands).

To sum up:
Houston is a God-forsaken pit of humanity that I would never consider living in. :2cents:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
Probably because everyone in colorado seems to have a problem with texas :rolleyes:
No - I have no problem with TX. I would live in Austin or San Antonio in a HEARTBEAT. Just Houston...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
LOL yeah I was givin ya a hard time on an old joke ;)

Funny what you call negatives is what I like about the area. I LOVE the humidity and hot summers. I lived in beaumont for 10 years (and you thought houston was bad, ha), and spent 4 of them working in the rice fields. Nothing was more fun, and I finally got some decent sleep at night. Apparently I have to work my ass off before I sleep well, and it's gotta be hard physical labor. I am cursed forever to sleepless nights as an IT guy now... go figure.

Austin has hills, and being a coastal guy (didn't I say trash collects in the surf? lol) I prefer the flatness of the coastal plains. Every time I drive in austin I seem to have a near-death experience based on the hills throwing me off.

The traffic is great when it's moving. I am at home in 80mph car-dodging split-second reflexes traffic. If you think that's bad, I hear dallas is even more exciting. The hurricanes just make it more fun too. Nothing beats playing on the beach when a hurricane is blowing in :)

Ghetto - you got a point there.

·
Registered
782 Posts
u could always live in Alvin, Angleton, Bellaire, Cleveland, Clute, Conroe, Dayton, Deer Park, Dickinson, Fairchilds, Freeport, Friendswood, Galena Park, Hitchcock, Humble, Jacinto City, Jersey Village, Katy, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Liberty, Missouri City, Pasadena, Pearland, Richmond, Rosenberg, Santa Fe, Seabrook, Sealy, South Houston, Stafford, Texas City, Tomball, Webster, West University, Atascocita, Channelview, Cloverleaf, Cypress, Klein, Spring, or The Woodlands :D

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Haha im not a big fan of houston and for sure wouldnt want to live there. But further north in the woodlands seems to be better. Its also gotten much worse after all the katrina fall out. Austin would be the shit. Dallas would be ok, but Texas is huge theres lots of great places to work and live it just depends how much you want to spend. Ive lived in south east texas all my life growing up in Vidor which has its own stigma but moved to Beaumont which is a big city with a small town feel

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
Probably because everyone in colorado seems to have a problem with texas :rolleyes:
My family that moved up there from texas noticed that but they have lived up there awhile now and fit right in. Colorado sure does have some bad ass scenery....Texas has its own great parts just not around here in south east texas. Were to close to those damn cajuns and all we have are rice patties and swamps :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts