TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
yes!...time for more trail carnage!!!

so what da plan? Odyssa on Saturday? then Sunday maybe up Doran and back down Odyssa? thats a fun loop to be had haha

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
yes!...time for more trail carnage!!!

so what da plan? Odyssa on Saturday? then Sunday maybe up Doran and back down Odyssa? thats a fun loop to be had haha
Fuckit if you're going Monkey I guess I'm game since I haven't wheeled the 05 there yet. Last time I was there in Jan 96 I killed my 84 and ended up with a 95.5!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Last time we were there, the only ones to make it through the first obstacle on Doran without a strap were the pre '05's!! :p Sorry Monkey. :D I should be up and running in time for this trip.
ha, i was the only 05+ that needed the strap on Doran ..since im at stock height. the week before that trip i made it without a strap haha

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
That's right. My mistake. Well, you should be able to cruise through it all this time around. There were a couple more areas I'd like to go through that I don't think we touched last time. Of course, I wasn't there for the first half of saturday, either.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Calico is bad ass, I'll be there! Ed, don't be a cornflake :D.
I'll make it out this time for sure especially since the weather's warming up.;) The drive train vibes are gone but that lower link is still lingering in the back of my mind.

·
Administrator
18,259 Posts
I'll be there! Darrin said he was going. Garry wants to go if his truck is ready. I've got a huge pile of wood and lots of Sobe bottles ready for the trip. :D

I want to finally run Odessa this year, so hopefully I can jump in on one of those runs.

I think technically I'm supposed to be organizing this event too...but I've been busy with another project. ;)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Because there is some sucker out there!
Speaking of "suckers" most importantly those that like to "suck"...

Fuck that I'm going to take that bet on myself. Then I'm going to give that 10 bucks to BrandonH so I can take J41 for a stroll... Look at J41 practice his ball squeezing technique on those sweet naranjas as Brandon tries to convince Marlon to be a another satisfied customer...:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Last time we were there, the only ones to make it through the first obstacle on Doran without a strap were the pre '05's!! :p Sorry Monkey. :D I should be up and running in time for this trip.
Don't forget the FJ. :p

Depending on when I get back to LA and my dad gets out of the hospital here in Arkansas you may see something different on the trail too.

-Brian

·
Registered
766 Posts
Don't forget the FJ. :p

Depending on when I get back to LA and my dad gets out of the hospital here in Arkansas you may see something different on the trail too.

-Brian
SOunds good! Brian, Hope your Dad has a speedy recovery. Just tow the new beast behind the FJ. It will pull it

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
What happened to your rear shock? Man, what's up with all these icon rear shocks having problems?
This has to do mostly with abuse in the rocks. Brian killed his shock coming backwards on Doran then we all know how rough Sparky can be with his shit. :D ie. Truckhaven by the tether ball attempting Roast Beef's obstacle. I can see how it would have compressed that much when he was wedged in that spot. Then I yanked him out at an awkward angle thereby adding to the camel's back of damage to the shock.

The thing I'm worrying about on my rear axle housing are my spring perches. I cracked mine when we were out at Anza w/Tacoma World and I wasn't expecting that one jump @ Mortero Wash to bottom out that hard. However this is a common issue with Toyota rear ends.

My OME shocks have been awesome though after 20K+ miles.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts