TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been reading here for weeks trying to figure this out. I have installed my ARB bumper (no winch) and I would like to maintain the stock height and performance (or better performance)of my 2006 Dbl cab TRD. It seems that the best option is to purchase adjustable coilover shocks. I know that they are adjustable from 0-2.5 or 3.5 inches depending on brand; however, some state that they are not actually designed to function well at 0 and will bottom out easily. I do not want to alter my rear suspension and I often pull a boat or ATV trailer so lifting the front or leveling is not an option. I do not offroad seriously (mostly hunting on logging roads or fields). So far the stock suspension seems to be handling the bumper well, but I know it is a matter of time. If I go with the adjustables will I be making a mistake???? Are any of you running adjustable coils at stock height?????

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
For starters, the back of the 06 is 1.5 inches higher than the front. So why not level it? You can never go wrong with an adjustable CO. They are the best money can buy and you can adjust them as the springs sag. Besides, this truck doesn't have a good load hauling capacity in the rear, so your probably going to want to swap out the back springs some time down the road. This will give you more lift in the rear, so you can compensate with the adjustable CO's in the front.:2cents:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, I will keep that in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts