TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ARB Air Compressor has a built in filter. It it supposed to be dust and moisture resistant. Have you found this filter to be adequate againts moisture/water? Obviously if it gets submerged your screwed. Other then that anyone have any problems?

I recently took the compressor bowl/tank off from the compressor and found what looked like calcium carbonate depostits (white powdery substance) covering the inside of the bowl. The filter/compressor has never been submerged but has been ran in very moist/humid conditions. It's mounted in the engine bay, above the driver side fender well, near the brake reservoir.

I recently installed a MF-1050 in the engine bay as well. This had a real cheap filter, so I removed that and ran a hose from the filter box for the engine to the air compressor head intake. I'm pretty sure I would benefit by doing the same with the ARB compressor. However, can it be done? Has anyone done it? What type of fitting is the filter? The one on the MF-1050 was 1/4" NPT. I'm hoping it's the same for the ARB but i'm not sure. I don't have my arb compressor right now, otherwise I'd just go check. I also don't want to break anything by attemping to remove the air filter from the ARB unit.

Any input would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I ran mine in dusty conditions for 5 years now and I have not had any problems with the filter. You can probably just pull the tank off and clean it every now and then and it should be fine. I don't think putting a different filter on would help you since its probably condensation you are getting inside the tank from the moisture in the air and a different filter won't help that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
grntaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing