TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 v6 xtended cab 4x4

Heres the story...An accord rearranged my front end the other day. I went to several body shops for appraisals and one will allow me to upgrade equipment provided that it has equally expensive retail value. I am looking to replace my stock plastic with an ARB bullbar. The problem lies in the fact that I have a 3" bodylift on my truck. What do you guys recommend I do here in regards to the brackets? Yes I plan to run a winch so I must retain strength. Are the brackets easy to modify? Any links with this information?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
199 Posts
do you for sure want an arb? have you considered other aftermarket bumpers? if not check out

www.demello-offroad.com
www.bentup.com

both can make bumpers to accomidate your bodylift and winch.

·
Registered
231 Posts
jwol316 said:
99 v6 xtended cab 4x4

Heres the story...An accord rearranged my front end the other day. I went to several body shops for appraisals and one will allow me to upgrade equipment provided that it has equally expensive retail value. I am looking to replace my stock plastic with an ARB bullbar. The problem lies in the fact that I have a 3" bodylift on my truck. What do you guys recommend I do here in regards to the brackets? Yes I plan to run a winch so I must retain strength. Are the brackets easy to modify? Any links with this information?

Thanks in advance

Same thing happened to me the other day but it was a civic. What did u ask the shops about aftermarket parts in stead of the stock stuff? I would like to do the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seriously considered Demello, actually prefer. How is the turnaround time right now? I just dont want this to turn into a monthlong affair. The bodyshop wants the truck before ordering any of the parts and if he's backed up then I would somehow be going back to school with no vehicle...

As far as the other question...I said that I was extremely unhappy with the strength of my stock plastic bumper and found it pretty crazy to replace with ~600 dollars worth of plastic...I asked if there was any way that I could upgrade to aftermarket equipment. He said that they do it all the time...just as long as its equally or more expensive than the stock bumper at retail.

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
jwol316 said:
99 v6 xtended cab 4x4

Thanks in advance

See if you can order the Prado Bumper from ARB- Its bigger than the tacoma Bullbar- And helps mask the BL-
I'v ehear it works out better for a 1-2 in BL. though

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
jwol316 said:
I have seriously considered Demello, actually prefer. How is the turnaround time right now? I just dont want this to turn into a monthlong affair. The bodyshop wants the truck before ordering any of the parts and if he's backed up then I would somehow be going back to school with no vehicle...

As far as the other question...I said that I was extremely unhappy with the strength of my stock plastic bumper and found it pretty crazy to replace with ~600 dollars worth of plastic...I asked if there was any way that I could upgrade to aftermarket equipment. He said that they do it all the time...just as long as its equally or more expensive than the stock bumper at retail.
I'm always open to questions:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I an guessing the bendup front bumper is alot lighter than the arb but i was wondering if anyone could tell me by how much? And is it as strong as the arb?

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I have a 1998 I installed a 3" bl a few years ago and was in the same situation
I bought an ARB front bumper from 4wheel parts.
Got it, installed it and really liked it, however, the 3" gap was hard to hide.
I ended up selling it to a buddy with a 4-runner, he had a 1" bl, def a better fit.
I would consider a custom made front bumper from Demello or Bent-up, they will make it to fit a 3' bl
good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok...depending on turn-around time I am going with DeMello. Hope I can get a 1.75" tubular winch bumper with Evil Eyes for a 3" bodylift real real soon :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
jwol316
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing