TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now I have another dilemma. I recently installed the ARB front bumper on my Tacoma. When I called ARB, before the install, they said the bumper install would retain the factory front tow hook. Well, after the install, I realized the hook is there, but it is totally unusable, since I cannot get a tow strap or D-ring shackle on it. There is not enough clearance between the hook and the bumper components. Seems like it’s always something. :(

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hook pic

This is the pic of the front hook.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
has anyone run into this issue?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
This is the pic of the front hook.
I can get a clevis through mine and hook the strap to it. Somewhere I heard you could unbolt it and flip it over but do not recall where.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
ARB must've meant "retain" as in "keep it in the stock location"; not "be able to use it". Hm...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ARB must've meant "retain" as in "keep it in the stock location"; not "be able to use it". Hm...
Yeah, that's what I thinking now. I did get an email response from ARB and this is what is reads:
I believe (though it's been a while since I last installed a Taco bar) that the hook can be moved to the other side clearing space to access it. Please let me know if that's not the case and well look for a different solution to the problem.

I think I have a hook from a Land Cruiser I could also try.

Hopefully I'll get this figured out by the weekend. We'll see.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can get a clevis through mine and hook the strap to it. Somewhere I heard you could unbolt it and flip it over but do not recall where.
By George, you are correct! :D

Well, the hook can't be mounted on the other side, since there are no mounting holes. But, it can be turned upside down and mounted that way. However, I don't think it's optimal, with the way the hook is curved. But, I don't see any other alternative.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the hook can be flipped over and mounted that way. But I'm not so sure I like the angle of the hook now. But, at least it's something.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a closer look

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts