TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '01 Tacoma and it has a 3 inch Revtek lift and the ARB bumper is great, but I want to lift my truck some more. And I was just wondering if anybody knew a way to lift the bumper without a huge gap from a body lift. I don't want to spend 2k for a 6 inch suspension when I could do a body lift for 500 so I am just looking for a cheaper way without makin my truck look stupid. Thanks

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
razzie said:
I am just looking for a cheaper way without makin my truck look stupid. Thanks
Everyone's got a different opinion of what looks "stupid". I'de have to say that 99% of the people that frequent this board will tell you that a 3" body lift looks stupid.

In all honesty, don't lift your truck until you're ready to do something you're gonna be happy with for a long time. Saving up isn't always easy but the results will make you a happier person in the long run. Good luck with your build.

~Miguel

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Why do you want the lift? To use, look a certain way, fit tires?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the three inches I have on it just doesn't make it look as good as I thought and yea I would like to fit some bigger tires. I have the money for the 6 inch suspension, but I just thought there may be another way. The local shop that did all of the work on mine said the 6 inch would be the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
razzie said:
well the three inches I have on it just doesn't make it look as good as I thought and yea I would like to fit some bigger tires. I have the money for the 6 inch suspension, but I just thought there may be another way. The local shop that did all of the work on mine said the 6 inch would be the only way to go.
If you're really set on doing it right AND saving money, check the classifieds section frequently for people selling their used drop bracket lifts (such as the Fabtech). Time is your friend.

~Miguel

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I would have though 99% think the ARB is stupid. :rolleyes:

Miguel said:
Everyone's got a different opinion of what looks "stupid". I'de have to say that 99% of the people that frequent this board will tell you that a 3" body lift looks stupid.

~Miguel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright well I already have the bumper so thats that...and I have the money for the suspension lift I just didn't want to spend all that money if I didn't have too but thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts