TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started up my compressor controlled by the ARB pressure switch and watched the gauge on my regulator climb up past 100PSI to 122PSI. The maximum pressure for the locker if 100PSI so you may want to check yours. I put in a regulator to keep the pressure at 85PSI but if mine is that far out and is only 10 months old you may want to check yours if you care about your seal life. .....Steve

·
Registered
514 Posts
You mean your Using an ARB Electric switch right? Cause I am using an aftermarket Air switch. I also am using an after market Compressor. So I bought the ARB pressure switch and it controls the compressor pumping to my tank. I also got a regualtor to be safe like your saying. Another point is, I have a water seperator on mine to prevent water going into the diff. Should have an emergencie release valve too on the tank if your using one. That is the way I have mine setup. But good point.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blacksheep said:
You mean your Using an ARB Electric switch right? Cause I am using an aftermarket Air switch. I also am using an after market Compressor. So I bought the ARB pressure switch and it controls the compressor pumping to my tank. I also got a regualtor to be safe like your saying. Another point is, I have a water seperator on mine to prevent water going into the diff. Should have an emergencie release valve too on the tank if your using one. That is the way I have mine setup. But good point.
I'm now using a Viair switch (100-145PSI) to control the compressor, then a regulator to keep the lockers at 80 PSI and in case the regulator fails I have a 100PSI pop-off valve at the ARB manifold. I also have a filter/dryer inline to make sure the air to the lockers is clean and dry. I didn't bother with the filter for the air to the tires. The tanks do have a blow off valve and a drain on each one in case something screws up. Good advice though for anyone building their own air system.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Blacksheep said:
Do you happen to know the ARB part # of the pressure switch you have??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts