TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok..so i've finally finished up putting together my front arb RD90. followed the instructions to a T. upon testing....i've run into some issues thats leaving me a lil :confused: :confused:

when i put the compressor switch to 'ON', compressor sparks up, but is blowing air out the hole in the black box ontop of the silver solenoid switch. the instructions state that hole is where the air is exhausted when the locker is disengaged (so it shouldnt be obstructed)... but i havent turned on the locker switch yet? :confused: any idea why this is happening?

edit: i put a bolt into the exhaust hole on the black box..and sure enough the compressor stops once it reaches max psi...any thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
maybe a bad solenoid, it might be sticking. make sure u have the proper pressure switch, with about 85-90 psi running to the solenoids, call up steve at arb, hes a really helpful guy, he helped me through some issues i was having with my rd-89, but never had a problem with the 90..

or the wires could be crossed, maybe it thinks its open when is not

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
I'd atleast flip the switch for the locker-
Perhaps the Solenoid is simply default open out of the box and needs to be open & closed.

I think the ARB solenoids may be 3 way- for example-
Open to locker (Closed exhaust)
Closed to locker (closed exhaust)
Closed to locker (open exhaust)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think figured it out. it was the solenoid. it was on backwards (came with it that way :confused:)...which kinda made sense as it would work properly if the locker switch was in a reversed state..ie: on before turning on compressor.

thanks guys

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
i think figured it out. it was the solenoid. it was on backwards (came with it that way :confused:)...which kinda made sense as it would work properly if the locker switch was in a reversed state..ie: on before turning on compressor.

thanks guys
LOL, I was just going to say that...Puckerfactor had his backwards as well :p

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
i think figured it out. it was the solenoid. it was on backwards (came with it that way :confused:)
Lol-
So was the output for the locker set as 1 or 2 on the solenoid?
Just wondering what the default was on your RD90 solenoid.

Instead of simply rotating the entire solenoid assbly- You can unscrew the black top block and rotate it 180 degrees-

Its set up that way to identify the solenoid for a 2nd air locker.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Lol-
So was the output for the locker set as 1 or 2 on the solenoid?
Just wondering what the default was on your RD90 solenoid.

Instead of simply rotating the entire solenoid assbly- You can unscrew the black top block and rotate it 180 degrees-

Its set up that way to identify the solenoid for a 2nd air locker.
no, it doesn't work that way. The portion of the solenoid that hooks up directly to the compressor via the 1/8" nipple has an "in" and an "out" but ARB just labels them "1" and "2" :rolleyes: The thing only works one way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah...i had it with '1' on top...thinking it was for the 1st switch since thats the way it came. when i took it out..i inspected the ports..n sure enough, through one port, you can see the passage, and the other you cant.

nice detailed instructions again arb.. :rolleyes: haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts