1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
361 Posts
sorta looks ridiculous to me, if it was more like m snorkel it would be a bit better.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
WTF! Why cant they make a snorkle for the 05 up tacos. I would bet that there is more demand for them on tacos than FJs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
10 feet of dryer hose tied to a bobber would look better laying on the hood.
Just run the dryer hose up to the roof and lay the bobber up there. I think that would look better than this snorkel. You'd get a lot more depth too ;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
S

Take off the snorkel and suck some water in to kill that hidious mother fucker! Sorry:)

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
I guess they could not or would not want to have the tube run a short length of the inner fender (eg Tacoma 01-04). That way the plastic vertical tube, is as short as possible and does not look like a long black arm.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I guess they could not or would not want to have the tube run a short length of the inner fender (eg Tacoma 01-04). That way the plastic vertical tube, is as short as possible and does not look like a long black arm.
thats exactly what i was thinking. It would look sooo much better with less of the horizontal section of the tube on the outside... and especially from the 4th pic down, it couldnt be that hard just to run a straight tube from the Throttle body to the base of the vertical outside. I've never seen an FJ engine bay though, so maybe im way off. :confused: (Sorry for the crappy description.)

-Chris

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You got a point... it seems like it would be more logical to just drill yet another 2.5" hole at the base and run it sraight through to the filter box rather than all the "S" turns. I think if they ran it behind the fender the angel of bend might be too restrictive.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Dam fugly!

But snorkels are not about looks. They serve a purpose.
That is true too....but man, I am sure they did their best?!? :confused:
Because they are ARB...right.?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts