TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved my turn signals from my ARB bumper into the parking corner lights with the blinker relocation mod. I then had two useless turn signal lights, so I began searching for a replacement seen here. http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52195

I decided to use these http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-NV504W-Driving-Lights-Squared-Rectangle-5/dp/B00029X3TE/sr=8-17/qid=1164952914/ref=sr_1_17/103-4164561-2672661?ie=UTF8&s=automotive

I had to fab up some custom mounts in order to make them work. First I took the tabs that mnounted the turn signals and gently bent them back about at a 45 degree angle (after heating them up) Then I fabbed up some custom brackets out of 1" wide alluminum flat bar stock. I drilled a couple of holes in each brackets and voila, mounted lights. Now they don't fill the entire space but fit well enough.

The great thing about mounting these lights in the ARB bumper is that they project the light towards the sides, due to the angle of the bumper. A lot of people have the ARB bumper with the IPF lights and have found that the vertical supports for the upper gaurd block out some of the light to the side. These lights light up the areas the IPF lights don't. They also get light right in front of the front tires and just to the sides of them.

Some picture comparisons.

Headlights

Headlights plus New Lights

Headlights plus IPF Lights

Headlights, IPF Lights plus New Lights

Looking down in front of left front tire.

Headlights plus IPF Lights

Headlights, IPF Lights plus New Lights

It's not light and day but it's much better. The pictures don't really do the lights justice.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
cool man, good work. I wouldn't mind doing that if they weren't blue..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I really didn't like the look of the blue lenses, but after months of searching that is the closest thing I could find that fits well enough. They grow on me everyday, another week or so and it'll look normal to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
tacomausmc
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing