TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2nd hand ARB bullbar for my '01. As there are no instructions included, did they say which winches would fit inside the ARB?

I know the warn m8000 fits, thinking about the summit/T-max 9,000 lb. I'm thinking any smaller winch w/o the solenoid attached will bolt up inside the ARB with a clocking of the clutch?

·
Registered
162 Posts
A friend of mine has the T-Max 8000 in his arb on his 02(i think) 4runner. Not sure if the 9 would fit.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's a can-back

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha thanks man. It's just about to where everything on the truck now has a purpose for being there :)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right on, that is one i'm considering at the moment. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
597 Posts
i got the wireless controll too for christmas its bout 70 bucks and worth every penny it just plugs up and will fit on the side of the control box with existing screws and yes the summit wireless one is the same it had a summit sticker over the tmax plastic, i just pealed it off and now it says tmax :D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sick, i was reading some good reviews on that one as well. I'm just concerned i won't get enough use out of a winch here in sunny socal...I know i know, when I actually need it i'll kick myself :) I plan to move somewhere like Colorado after college, so i'll definately have one before getting close to all that snow. Is that mainly why you have yours?

·
Registered
597 Posts
we dont get all that much snow, its just a bit muddy here some trails, we dont have all the wonderful rocks yall have :D i hate mud but some trails its unavoidable, and i run a trail alot on my friends land with a bunch of jeeps it has some slick hilll climbs and steep angles that would be real real hard and i prolly wouldnt even go down that trail without a winch it just gives me a little piece of mind, and if im wheelin with friends who dont have one, i am designated pull out rig hahaha, so i get to go first :eek: i didnt think i would use it that much either but, its nice to have i use it around my house for chores and such as well, tree removal and extracting my tractor from my swamp once or twice when maintaining huntin trails, you will prolly use it more than you think cuase you will have it there it makes trails a lot more reassuring but doesnt make the truck unstoppable hahaha

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Makes sense, i'm about to put on some 255/85's first i think, get a little more clearance before plopping a winch in there.

·
Registered
597 Posts
yeah thats a good decision, i would like to get that size tire oneday, im in college as well so funds are some what hard to come by hhahahha good luck to you man and happy wheelin

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
6 Participants
CYi5
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing