TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to fork out the $$ for a high steer kit. Most of these kits look similar, who's is the best quality / fit / function ?

Here's who I was looking at;

Marlin Crawler

AllPro

Sky

Trail Gear
(why is their kit $100 less than everyone else's?)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I would go with the cheaper one and with TG, they will ship it to you for free!
I know some guys don't like TG for their own reasons, but cheaper is cheaper....
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
But you still need to be careful, regardless of the company you deal with.

Typically you get what you paid for! In other words cheap is not always best. If you are shopping a part that has a brand name on it, then yes go where you can find it cheaper. But custom parts or fab work…

I am not starting anything here, just making an observation.

·
Registered
779 Posts
all are equal except for TG... Cheaper FOR A REASON...If you can look at all pro., do it. I know the marlin hysteer is pricey... but check out the others before TG...BEst overall... MARLIN.. in all those categories. good luck with your choice.

-Alex

·
Registered
779 Posts
x2 on that bear... don't want to start a never-ending thread... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Another notable company to look into is Rock Logic. I got my steering from them. Have not had any problems with my steering that was related to quality of parts.

I can't remember if they have a "kit" or not. I bought my stuff as components.

*disclaimer: I did have clearance issues with my high steer, but that was caused by the All Pro springs I was using, not the steering arms, links or any other steering part.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Bear he's talking about Toy axle steering and not D44..

If you want high end steering arms look at OTT or 4x4labs as they are both machined billet pieces.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I have no problems with my trail gear hysteer, it came on my truck when i got it, so it was used before i started to use it. Ok, the only issue i can think of is that the boots are torn but that could be user error.

·
Registered
286 Posts
the parts included are different for each vendor...get what you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts